Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else going to convert there GT into a Shelby GT???

Old 08-19-2006, 10:19 PM
Durr727
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone else going to convert there GT into a Shelby GT???

if ur gonna put on the cobra badges at least take the gt ones off
Old 08-19-2006, 10:22 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: callahan

Cobra emblems belong only on REAL Mustang Cobras or Shelbys. Anything less is fraud.
+1 ... youre making the car something its not.

Like I said before, yeah its yours, you have the right to do what you want with it. I personally dont care what the hell you do with your car, but if I see a car that has emblems or stickers or wtf ever else on it and that car isnt for real, Ill call you a poser, I dont give a f*ck cause thats what you are. Not that its a big deal that youre a poser, no one really cares, it just lowers their opinions of you because you have to FAKE it. Only losers fake it. [&:]

Define posing:

poser - noun

1: A person who habitually pretends to be something he is not [syn: poseur]
2: One who poses.

Therefore putting badges on your car that your car does not fill the position ... is posing. Sorry thats a FACT. If you have GT350 stripes on your car thats fine, as long as your car has 350 hp.. otherwise just take the freakin letters off and leave the stripes.. or buy 300 stripes. EVERY GT has 300 from the factory so you wouldnt be posing.

Like I also said, body parts are fine to put on cars... badges ARENT. Period. I personally dont know why Shelby or Saleen or anyone else would ever sell replacement emblems without making sure they went onto an authorized car. I know if I ever had a special line of cars I wouldnt let people buy my emblems and put them on other fake cars. It lowers the value of the existing ones when you have tons of frauds out there. Roush did a great job in this department by not making available their faux gas caps.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:28 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Durr727

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

Since when are posers and people who mis-badge cars a good thing? Honestly, dont try to make your car out to be something its not, thats lame.
Yeah for some reason no one is sayin dont do it.

there was one thread where a guy wanted to but a gt bumper on his sixer for the exhaust cutouts and immediatley he was flamed.
they said he was a ricer for making his car something it wasnt and a bunch of other ****
Honestly it doesnt matter what we say because if the guy wants to make his car a fake Shelby then hes going to anyways, regardless of what some people on the internet say. So me going "NO DONT DO IT!" isnt going to do a damn thing.

Second, I dont believe using body panels is wrong because honestly I like a few pieces from certain other models, but I would never attempt to put a different badge on my car, aside from the original Mustang emblem. But yeah youre right, V6 people get alot of heat for this, although lately theyre ALL getting into the GT takeoff thing. No worries
Old 08-19-2006, 10:58 PM
Anomalus1
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

I can not disagree more......how do you figure it looks like a shelby...shleby has ram air hood, shelby rear fake gas cap states GT500 with cobra..mine does not...shleby has different stripes than mine will...shelby different fascia...different grille with cobra to one side.....shelby gt500..shelby does not have flat black spoiler, flat black window louvers....and actually everyone that has seen it, no one has asked is that a shelby, yet said, wow i like the look....again, not passing it off as a shelby, just like the look I am creating....
ORIGINAL: Anomalus1

I am so sorry..in my opinion i truly only feel that badging a car differently does not make a poser..IF YOU TRY and pass it off as a shelby, different story. Me personally, I did get the GT350 stripes, I just liked the look. I changed My GT badges to a cobra, modified my grille so it has a cobra and GT badge on it.. I will remove my fake gas cap and customize the tail with a blackout panel and a gt badge.....it will have racing stripes.....it has swept spinners....does that make me a poser....or am I a ricer..(previous thread identifying ricers)...who cares...ITS MY CAR....not yours..I just have to enjoy my car and like waht I have...guess what when i go to a restaurant, I order my steak the way I LIKE it....not the way everyone esles does. and if someone tells me that makes me a poser...then guilty as charged.....personally, Individuality does not a poser make....[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/42783/CD0344076CF347DE94FFA2C91704C3D7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/42783/9FED9D6932DD414AA72802B056708C38.jpg[/IMG]
hate to say it, but if someone looks at your car i bet they say or ask "that a shelby?" i doubt that personifies individuality. individuality would quote " i like your car, it's like 'nothing' i've ever seen plus it doesn't remind me of someone else's, nice job." IMO.
i never said it looks like a shelby, however, it carries shelby's distinct markings, especially oh... say... the cobra and the gt350 stripe. now i KNOW you didn't come up with a gt350 logo yourself, they are synonymous to shelby, hands down, no questions asked. who cares if you have a ram hood or different rims, the fact that you decided to use the gt350 with cobra emblem says more than the car itself. btw, does your car even push 350?
Old 08-19-2006, 11:52 PM
67Sally
4th Gear Member

If you see a typical honda civic on the streets with "Si" badges or "R" badges do you call him a ricer? I think people would think your car was a lot cooler if you made big HP and left the GT badges on there.

Do you ever see a clone winning ROTM?? No, and there's a reason for that.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:01 AM
petepete
5th Gear Member

Thats it. Im putting Honda emblems on my car and vtec on the wing and hondata stickers everywhere
Old 08-20-2006, 12:11 AM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

Go for it dude. Don't listen to the haters. If you go to Willow Springs Raceway (bet most of these guys don't know where that is) on any given SCCA day (bet they don't know what that is either), 90% of the cars you see will be clones. Guys have been building 65' fastbacks to LOOK like GT350's since well, 1965. The reason has always been price and availability. As long as you dont try to convince people it is the real thing who cares? Carrol Shelby gets his royalties, you get what you want, everybody is happy. A cobra emblem doesn't make you a poser. The cobra emblem has always mustang performance. I personally wouldn't put them on the fenders, but it's a PERSONAL descision. Do whatever you want.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:17 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

actually 347 rwhp..thx

I can not disagree more......how do you figure it looks like a shelby...shleby has ram air hood, shelby rear fake gas cap states GT500 with cobra..mine does not...shleby has different stripes than mine will...shelby different fascia...different grille with cobra to one side.....shelby gt500..shelby does not have flat black spoiler, flat black window louvers....and actually everyone that has seen it, no one has asked is that a shelby, yet said, wow i like the look....again, not passing it off as a shelby, just like the look I am creating....

I am so sorry..in my opinion i truly only feel that badging a car differently does not make a poser..IF YOU TRY and pass it off as a shelby, different story. Me personally, I did get the GT350 stripes, I just liked the look. I changed My GT badges to a cobra, modified my grille so it has a cobra and GT badge on it.. I will remove my fake gas cap and customize the tail with a blackout panel and a gt badge.....it will have racing stripes.....it has swept spinners....does that make me a poser....or am I a ricer..(previous thread identifying ricers)...who cares...ITS MY CAR....not yours..I just have to enjoy my car and like waht I have...guess what when i go to a restaurant, I order my steak the way I LIKE it....not the way everyone esles does. and if someone tells me that makes me a poser...then guilty as charged.....personally, Individuality does not a poser make....[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/42783/CD0344076CF347DE94FFA2C91704C3D7.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/42783/9FED9D6932DD414AA72802B056708C38.jpg[/IMG]
hate to say it, but if someone looks at your car i bet they say or ask "that a shelby?" i doubt that personifies individuality. individuality would quote " i like your car, it's like 'nothing' i've ever seen plus it doesn't remind me of someone else's, nice job." IMO.
i never said it looks like a shelby, however, it carries shelby's distinct markings, especially oh... say... the cobra and the gt350 stripe. now i KNOW you didn't come up with a gt350 logo yourself, they are synonymous to shelby, hands down, no questions asked. who cares if you have a ram hood or different rims, the fact that you decided to use the gt350 with cobra emblem says more than the car itself. btw, does your car even push 350?
Old 08-20-2006, 12:21 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

hey...the one thing I will agree with here is that we all disagree. that is cool, that is why they sell these badges and all. I do not go to a show and say...like my shelby, nope...I go to a show and say..its my car....bought and paid for. my opinion is that...and honestly, in my mind, mine is THE ONLY one that matters....to be called a fake or a poser ..whatever.....in anyones eyes, it is what they think....
Old 08-20-2006, 12:24 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

no...then I'd be posing...PLUS IT is my own grille that I liked the look....many others have echoed that....so GT badges DID come off...there is no GT badge on a front grille....not trying to be a cobra or Shelby...simply like the look...
ORIGINAL: Durr727

if ur gonna put on the cobra badges at least take the gt ones off

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone else going to convert there GT into a Shelby GT???