Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dealer won't repair

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 08:44 PM
Dont Try

Default dealer won't repair

I have an 06 GT had it in to the dealer to get the rear end replaced cause it was raising all kinds of hell. When i got it back after about 2 days it was way worse than it was before. Now after long drives it starts to smell like it is on fire, vibration in the wheel, and all kinds of noise. I made another apt. with the dealer to get it in and repaired. They call me 3 hours after dropping the car off and tell me that they can't work on it because someone from FORD told them not to because it has been HIGHLY MODIFIED. The only thing done was the removal of the CATS and mac mufflers. They told me to come pick the car up as soon as possible. After raising hell and talking to eveyone there that thought they were in charge, they said "ok we'll cover it." I explained to them that it wasn't even about warranty work it was about fixing their mistake from the first attempt. It was rediculous, i told them no i didn't want the touching it they had a chance to fix it right the first time, the mod to the exhaust wan't even metioned the first time, and now they won't fix their mistake. I have opted to file a lawsuit. A normal person should not have to go through all this trouble and bitching and arguing for them to fix their mistake. No wonder why Ford is laying off 30,000 or some odd people and shutting down plants. Service like this and the way their dealerships choose to treat people.
dealership is Buckeye ford in sidney, ohio
Old 08-21-2006, 08:55 PM
555*
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: dealer won't repair

Wow is all I can say. Good luck though, let us know how it goes.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:02 PM
joshetc
2nd Gear Member

I would really consider calling corporate before hiring a lawyer
Old 08-21-2006, 09:23 PM
mongrull006
2nd Gear Member

i believe there re probably a few cheaper measures to go through before hiring a lawyer, like calling ford customer care, i am sure that if they have a half ounce of self pride they would aprove the work, and if possible talking to the owner of the dealership. I have learned that even though the service dept may be a complete joke, the owner and other departments are usually halfway decent people.

BTW, you may wanna look up the moss magnuson act, judging by what you say your mods are there is no reason that they shouldnt warrenty the rear end.

Ty
Old 08-21-2006, 09:34 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dont Try

I have an 06 GT had it in to the dealer to get the rear end replaced cause it was raising all kinds of hell. When i got it back after about 2 days it was way worse than it was before. Now after long drives it starts to smell like it is on fire, vibration in the wheel, and all kinds of noise. I made another apt. with the dealer to get it in and repaired. They call me 3 hours after dropping the car off and tell me that they can't work on it because someone from FORD told them not to because it has been HIGHLY MODIFIED. The only thing done was the removal of the CATS and mac mufflers. They told me to come pick the car up as soon as possible. After raising hell and talking to eveyone there that thought they were in charge, they said "ok we'll cover it." I explained to them that it wasn't even about warranty work it was about fixing their mistake from the first attempt. It was rediculous, i told them no i didn't want the touching it they had a chance to fix it right the first time, the mod to the exhaust wan't even metioned the first time, and now they won't fix their mistake. I have opted to file a lawsuit. A normal person should not have to go through all this trouble and bitching and arguing for them to fix their mistake. No wonder why Ford is laying off 30,000 or some odd people and shutting down plants. Service like this and the way their dealerships choose to treat people.
dealership is Buckeye ford in sidney, ohio
The law stipulates three failed repair attempts prior to filing a lawsuit if you try for lemon law. As for suing them for being not fixing it they'll throw bak how they offered to fix it now but you refused.