Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My car got baked?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 10:27 PM
mongrull006
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: My car got baked?!

well, i went to the dealer today to pick my car up and before i left i made sure to do a walk around to check for any dings or anything and to check their paint job. there is a very deep scratch about 1 1/2" long on the driverside rear fender, and what pissed me off mkost was when i looked under the hood at their paint job. they spray painted it and didnt even chip off all of the peeled paint!!! can you believe that sh*t!! when i saw that i almost went ballistic. I marched my *** back in the service dept and the service manager and i had some words. its just too bad the guy that said to spray paint it wasnt there cause would have cussed him out. I told her that it better be primer painted and clear coated perfectly because i would once again check behing them to make sure they did all three so it would look like it came from the facory. they have had my car for 10 days now and only god knows how much longer they will have it...

I AM SOOOO PISSED, the service dept Courtesy Ford of Elizabeth City North Carolina is a complete JOKE!

Ty
Old 08-22-2006, 10:38 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

Those sons of bit__s. That scratch wasn't there before? If not they need to fix that (or better yet a pro shop fixes it and the other work too). First of all you need a loner car; they need to strip the area and have you stop by to check it; Then tell them you want to see the leftover primer, base color and clear; Tell these jerks you want all three leftover paint components to take with you. This is outrageous. Don't know how you can put pressure on them, start calling Ford Customer Service? maybe small claims court? They are not honoring the warranty and seems that they have lied to you and have damaged your car. I don't know how you are staying at all calm here. WTF is going on? Sorry to hear about this; kinda had a bad feeling about what they were goin to do here. No excuse; maybe time for another dealership, one with a quality autobody shop.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:39 PM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mongrull006

well, i went to the dealer today to pick my car up and before i left i made sure to do a walk around to check for any dings or anything and to check their paint job. there is a very deep scratch about 1 1/2" long on the driverside rear fender, and what pissed me off mkost was when i looked under the hood at their paint job. they spray painted it and didnt even chip off all of the peeled paint!!! can you believe that sh*t!! when i saw that i almost went ballistic. I marched my *** back in the service dept and the service manager and i had some words. its just too bad the guy that said to spray paint it wasnt there cause would have cussed him out. I told her that it better be primer painted and clear coated perfectly because i would once again check behing them to make sure they did all three so it would look like it came from the facory. they have had my car for 10 days now and only god knows how much longer they will have it...

I AM SOOOO PISSED, the service dept Courtesy Ford of Elizabeth City North Carolina is a complete JOKE!

Ty
Take it up with the service manager's boss, then his boss... then threaten to take it up with Ford... nothing ever happens at the service managers level...
Old 08-22-2006, 11:40 PM
mongrull006
2nd Gear Member

for the most part this is a good dealership. I called and talked to they guy I know and the problem is the NEW guy over the service dept. They have given me a loaner for the 10 LONG days my stang has been gone, and yes they are going to fix the scratch. the work i have seen come out of the body shop has been pretty good, they guy i know had his truck painted there after a wreck and it looks great. Tommorow i will be contacting the owner directly to tell him about my problem, I was told he is VERY into customer service, I will also be contacting the body shop manager to ask him if he knows about my car being spray painted because the painter told me it would be done right. I have a pretty good feeling the new service manager created all of this crap because the guy I know said this kind of crap never used to happen and since he was hired it is a persistant problem.

and no i am not calm at all about this, i wanted to break someones legs when i saw that bull sh*t

Ty
Old 08-22-2006, 11:43 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

Sounds like some hope here. Good luck to ya....
Old 08-22-2006, 11:43 PM
mongrull006
2nd Gear Member

oh yea, i forgot to mention, i have had plans to call ford customer care but i didnt have my vin, they gave me a reciept today that has it so i will also be calling them tommorow with my long list of complaints.

and on the reciept is clearly states that they removed the brake booster, master cylinder, and other neccesary equiptment and applied touchup paint, niether of which were done[:@]

Ty
Old 08-23-2006, 01:12 AM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

Make sure you check your car for over spray. If the filters in the paint booth are not clean when they sprayed the car than you can end up with dust all over your car like what happened to me. Make sure the whole car feels smooth to the touch.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:03 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

seems like a strange part to have baked....but i know there are some VERY good shops around my area that are supposed to give you a "like factory" paint job. they do the whole baking thing with an oven...not too sure how either...costs a butt load though, the only cars i ever see going in and out of their shops are $100k+ cars
Old 08-23-2006, 03:21 AM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

Smoke and mirrors, thats how they did it............... Come-on, they use spray cans, period, ...... Forget heat or anything complicated. They just sprayed it on the firewall and that's it, period, end of story. You guys can't be serious, no dealer would go through anything close to what you are all describing. Even if they did, no one would be able to tell the difference... PERIOD!
Old 08-23-2006, 07:53 PM
mongrull006
2nd Gear Member

Today they took the master cylinder, brake booster, and a/c drier off, i know becaue i told them i had to see it before they painted it to verify that was really done. if they do so happen to not prime it i dont care, i will be taking it back when the paint peels back off, i have 5 years for it to happen, and yes i told them that today.

beestang, yep they spray painted it originally, and didnt even do a half asses job at that! the owner was not there today but will be in tommorow

TY

Quick Reply: My car got baked?!