Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock Perelli Tire Pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 11:56 PM
backinblack06
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Stock Perelli Tire Pressure?

ORIGINAL: LesteR723

ORIGINAL: backinblack06

ORIGINAL: fairlane292

Proper tire pressure is indicated on every tire. Am I missing something with this question?

Proper tire pressure per the automaker is listed on your driver door. You need to use the tire pressure listed there, not the pressure listed on the tire. You will get a much better ride and wear pattern if you fill them up to factory spec.
i looked on the tire, the only pressure it had listed was max at 44psi.

and backinblack... like i stated earlier i got new wheels which are not only a differnt size but also manufacturer. I figured the pressure would be different. The reason i was asking is because i already knew that the sticker in my jamb would be incorrect, but someone on here who owns a GT which came with these wheels woudl have a matching sticker. I dont mean to come off as an @$$ but you answered my question assuming my ignorance.
Hey man, my bad, I wasn't trying to insult you but this is what you wrote......
i have the GT Take-off rims from saleen, but i don't know the correct tire pressure for those tires. Anyone?

they look like this http://www.mrx-enterprise.com/MUSTANG.jpg
I'm not a mind reader so maybe I didn't exactly konw what size rim, or tire you were running....I didn't mean any harm just trying to help. If your still running 17's" than It doesnt matter what brand the tire is you still follow your door. If your rims are bigger, you could have told us that. I was ASSUMING you were running 17's because you didn't specify.

BTW....your title to this thread is "STOCK PERELLI TIRE PRESSURE" soo hmmmm.....yea keyword STOCK.... > get my thinking.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:45 AM
JimC

i have the GT Take-off rims from saleen, but i don't know the correct tire pressure for those tires. Anyone?

LesteR
The Pony edition comes stock with the same wheel/tire as the GT -- so I have the 17" Pirelli with that rim. My car door sticker says 32/32 for that combination.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:43 AM
rex7010
3rd Gear Member

I have the same wheels .. 32 PSI...front and rear

R
Old 08-24-2006, 05:21 AM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

They all say 32 front and rear. Saleen Im not sure about, but would bet it should technically be different.

When straying away from stock size tires the load capacity of the tire changes, and this is what you want to keep as close to stock as possible. A different size may require more psi to handle the factory tires load capacity. Or vice versa.

Did I lose anyone there?
Old 08-24-2006, 11:28 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JimC

LesteR
The Pony edition comes stock with the same wheel/tire as the GT -- so I have the 17" Pirelli with that rim. My car door sticker says 32/32 for that combination.
i realize that, but look at my sig
Old 08-25-2006, 12:08 AM
JimC

LesteR
Looks like the same wheel and tire combination as mine on your 05 on the left and that you stated in your post (Saleen take off is the wheel/tire combination from the GT -- unless I mis read your post, you have this tire and wheel and not the Saleen wheel) -- mine is the 4.0 V6 as well, and came stock with the wheel and tire you were asking about -- as you can see in my sig. Maybe I missed something in the thread and your sig?
Old 08-26-2006, 07:34 PM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

LesteR
Looks like the same wheel and tire combination as mine on your 05 on the left and that you stated in your post (Saleen take off is the wheel/tire combination from the GT -- unless I mis read your post, you have this tire and wheel and not the Saleen wheel) -- mine is the 4.0 V6 as well, and came stock with the wheel and tire you were asking about -- as you can see in my sig. Maybe I missed something in the thread and your sig?
yes... my grille lol. No pony package here