Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

for the 16 year olds

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 09:38 PM
DAVE06GT
1st Gear Member

Default for the 16 year olds

This post is relevant to the one about that 15 year old wandering which car he should get.I wanted to say that I am 16 and a junior in high school, and yes drive and '06 gt.It's my second car, my first was a GTA Transam with Ws6 suspension and a fuel injected 350 with 40 series flowmasters, currently we are tring to sell it for reasons only known by my dad, but even though I am a lover of only mustangs now, the General did make some pretty nice cars.
But the point of this post is that I am just sick of people who gripe at 16 year olds driving new model mustangs.Yes I am very thankful my parents got it for me, and I pay for all the mods, and drive responsibly and I know I'm im not invicible just because i drive a fast car.Yes, I am well off, but what pisses me off is people coming up to me and saying, "You little rich .........(whathaveyou)My point is, I'm tired of people making people making all these assumptions and giving teens bum raps for driving new mustangs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-26-2006, 09:42 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

Default RE: for the 16 year olds

ORIGINAL: DAVE06GT

This post is relevant to the one about that 15 year old wandering which car he should get.I wanted to say that I am 16 and a junior in high school, and yes drive and '06 gt.It's my second car, my first was a GTA Transam with Ws6 suspension and a fuel injected 350 with 40 series flowmasters, currently we are tring to sell it for reasons only known by my dad, but even though I am a lover of only mustangs now, the General did make some pretty nice cars.
But the point of this post is that I am just sick of people who gripe at 16 year olds driving new model mustangs.Yes I am very thankful my parents got it for me, and I pay for all the mods, and drive responsibly and I know I'm im not invicible just because i drive a fast car.Yes, I am well off, but what pisses me off is people coming up to me and saying, "You little rich .........(whathaveyou)My point is, I'm tired of people making people making all these assumptions and giving teens bum raps for driving new mustangs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+1

Didn't some of the old timers drive stangs when they were back in High school?
Old 08-26-2006, 09:44 PM
Yooler05GT

hey dont worry kid... im only 19 now and started and bought my mustang my senior year in high school. I have a few friends who were handed S197's but that doesnt mean they should get disrespected. If anything my advice would be to shrug the jealous highschoolers off and just have fun with your car. Heck, I know they wish they had one, so drive yours like you own it!
Old 08-26-2006, 09:45 PM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

Nothin wrong with drivin a new car... there's some jealousy here im sure, but more on the serious point, i would never give a 16 year old a new car... kids need to learn how to drive, learn how to pay for the car.... wait... ill just stop there... i would want the kid to learn to pay his way in life... learn some financial responsibility... of course, there are some who have never, nor never will, have to work for what they have... it's sad... even if the parents had all the money in the world, it's still sad...
Old 08-26-2006, 09:47 PM
StoneWolf
1st Gear Member

Back when I was 16 they taught proper spelling and grammar in school.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:50 PM
Rt1Rebel
3rd Gear Member

Of course there are exceptions to every rule, but insurance actuaries don't lie. Why do you think your insurance is astronomical?
Old 08-26-2006, 09:50 PM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StoneWolf

Back when I was 16 they taught proper spelling and grammar in school.
Grammer ****... [&:]
Old 08-26-2006, 09:54 PM
siggy14
2nd Gear Member

you have to understand, that when alot of us went to high school kids that drove nice cars were spoiled and most Teens that get cars handed to them have no respect for the cars.

I remember in high school i had one friend that would get a new mustang every year and he would just beat it to death, no respect for the car. I paid for my car in high school, and even though it was a POS 1978 chrysler lebaron, i took care of that car and treated it with respect.

In general most rich kids that get things handed to them, whether it be a car, or other expensive items, usually have no respect for them because they do not know the value of it and have never had to work for it.

Now take it, not everyone is the same, and you could be an exception and i do hope you are!

ORIGINAL: KTownGT

ORIGINAL: DAVE06GT

+1

Didn't some of the old timers drive stangs when they were back in High school?
Old 08-26-2006, 09:55 PM
Skoshi42
2nd Gear Member

You guys are so young yet, enjoy life.... you wont truely appreciate the power and heritage of a mustang until youve tried other cars... in a month or two youll be nagging your guys parents for a BMW.... also, DONT DRIVE CHAOTIC! learn your limits, also.... dont die in the process... congratulations to any youngster who bought a mustang, you are living a good life so far..
Old 08-26-2006, 09:55 PM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rt1Rebel

Of course there are exceptions to every rule, but insurance actuaries don't lie. Why do you think your insurance is astronomical?
say what?

Quick Reply: for the 16 year olds