MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   >:( Thank you FORD (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/172433-thank-you-ford.html)

555* 08-28-2006 09:49 AM

>:( Thank you FORD

Well due to my own stupidity I forgot that I had left my radio on outside and i went to bed to wake up and get dressed and ready for work and car is dead as a doornail. And of course my battery charger is dead too. All pretty much my fault but what gets me is there is no battery safety shutoff or something that keeps the battery from going to low. Also It was a pain in the ass trying ot get the cables clamped onto the terminal thing on the battery, another genius idea(or again my stupidity)..ooooooo I guess I'm just frustrated. :(

bodyputtyless 08-28-2006 09:53 AM

RE: >:( Thank you FORD

Yeah..and you actually have to manually insert the key in order to start the car. Those engineers they employee really suck! Amazing.

555* 08-28-2006 10:12 AM

bastards! lol yeah I'm just whining but you know it would be a nice feature though.

demarcom 08-28-2006 10:19 AM

I believe you need to leave the key on in order to keep the radio going so not sure where you went wrong. I can attest the interior lights will go off after a certain amount of time. I have been guilty of leaving the map lights on and they do time out.

BAMFstang 08-28-2006 10:26 AM

Yeah the radio will shut itself off if the key is removed as a soon as a door opens.

Not sure how your radio could be left on all night.

If you left the key in it turned on well then I guess you should expecta dead battery.

Otherwise, how could it happen??

Apoptosis 08-28-2006 10:26 AM

ORIGINAL: bodyputtyless

Yeah..and you actually have to manually insert the key in order to start the car. Those engineers they employee really suck! Amazing.
[&:]

555* 08-28-2006 10:29 AM

oh I def left the key in the ACC position lol. I was fixing my sequential taillight wire while I was jamming to some tunes and went inside after I finished figuring I'd go back out but got sidetracked. An override feature is what would be neat though.

McChicken 08-28-2006 10:38 AM

Haha oops.....I've never heard of a low battery cutoff, but I wish they would have put on one of those switches that shuts your headlights off when you take the keys out instead of the dingdingdingding!!! noise that it does. There has to be some kind of special wiring in there to make that noise, so why not make it do something practical instead of just annoying you?

Stangie 08-28-2006 11:04 AM

Your problem appears to be a loose nut behind the wheel![sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Gytheran 08-28-2006 11:19 AM

Bet ya won't do that again...