Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pioneer AVH-P6800DVD

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 12:43 PM
Jas06GT
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Pioneer AVH-P6800DVD

I can't imagine how yours could play without issue, unless it was installed by someone who bypassed it or it's an older unit or grey market asian import. It is a federal law that they not allow playback while in motion.
Well yes I obviously bypassed the lockout feature, but its a brand new unit , it just came out 06 model that I bought from a large national shop.
Its also a law I cant tint my windows and I need to have a front license plate too.

Im finding out although, the kenwoods wallpaper is atrocious, and it doesnt have the cool graphics. (And honestly thats what i LOVE about the pioneer). It does a few cool things others cant do that make it more functional that other in dash DVD's, I can play a dvd and listen to my ipod,radio,sat radio,cd-changer. Hence I can kinda take care of the ugly (and I mean ugly) wallpaper selection mine has (in fact I just use a black screen they are so bad). So what I did is i took some cool pictures of my daughters, my car, just some cool pics in general, burned them on a DVD and use them as wallpaper. Wife thought it was very cool I could have a picture of the girls on my screen while listening to the Ipod.

Im not knocking the pioneer in any way, its awesome if there was a way around the lockout (that wasnt a big hassle). I take it in a heartbeat, just because of the Pioneer bling factor is huge.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:19 PM
oakman
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Pioneer AVH-P6800DVD

Based on what I saw on this forum I got the AVH-Pioneer 68000 installed this past weekend. What a difference in made it my entire system. Frys Electronics installed it and did a good job. I showed the installer the trim pictures in this forum and he picked up the Ford Mustang trim piece to give it the custom look.
A couple of issues:
1. The dimmer feature says it stores seperate nightime and daytime settings but I can't get this to work. The manual is vague, so what am I missing that I need to do. Right now, it is too bright for nightime and if I set the dimmer lower, I have to reset it brighter for daytime.
2. My installer says he can bypass the lockout to play DVDs while driving (not legal) but he can do it. Is this something that he has to open up the dash again or a setting in the unit? This lockout also applies to the dimmer feature. Unless the parking brake is engaged, you can't set the dimmer.

I am going to dynamat the doors this weekend and replace the door speakers with Infinity Kappas.

Thanks for the help with these questions.