Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone install Dyn-O-Mat anywhere in their new Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 01:01 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

Default Anyone install Dyn-O-Mat anywhere in their new Mustang?

Just wondering if anyone installed Dyn-O-Mat in their car to lower the noise in the cabin. Is it hard to get under the carpet, door panels and trunk??? Is the installation of this product easy???

This is something I would consider since I've always had foreign cars. Let me know your thoughts please. Thanks.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:25 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone install Dyn-O-Mat anywhere in their new Mustang?

i put it in my trunk after installing 2 Alpine Type-R subs. the trunk is the only place that i had any rattle so i felt no need to put dynomat in the cabin. It really is amazing how that stuff works. the trunk quit rattling all together.

the installation is only as easy as you make it. if you want it to look professional, you will be cutting a lot so it mounts clean and flush. you will also be rolling the dynomat with that little bread-roller lookin thing.

the stuff is a little expensive though, i went to bestbuy and bought 3 boxes of the door kit b/c it comes in the longest sheets...(got it at bestbuy b/c my ex worked there so i got a HUGE discount). if you dont have access like that and dont feel like dropping about 300 bucks, check ebay.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:26 PM
Cowtown
2nd Gear Member

I put it on the underside of the rear speaker shelf there. I'm sure if anyone looked at it theyd' be agahst but I had a bunch left over so I cover the rear deck as best I could laying on my back. FWIW it did cut out some road noise.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:32 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Does dynamat have an adhesive backing or does it just rely on gravity to stay put? I'm interested in dynamatting my trunk and cabin.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:19 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Adhesive
Old 08-30-2006, 01:33 PM
jay00f4
2nd Gear Member

I have read other post of people succesfully getting rid of drone or really knocking it down with dyna mat or Stinger Roadkill products. They have an adhesive backing and work really well. Stinger and dyna mat have a 36 Sqft bulk box that is cheaper then buying a trunk kit or door kit etc... With the bulk pack you can do your entire trunk, doors, decklid, some firewall and floor. It makes a huge difference and can make the car so much quieter inside the cabin.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:10 PM
Cowtown
2nd Gear Member

Yeah it's not just adhesive, it's crazy adhesive so you can't really move it around much. It is flexible and a little bit stretchy so it does allow for some creativity and it hugs contours very well.
Old 08-30-2006, 02:53 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

Products like this work great.

I would suggest against the Dynamat brand though. Their product is fairly old techology and it is also extremely expensive. I think they are sitting on their laurels due to their brand-name recognition.

There are many other competing products that are just as good, if not better, that are also much less expensive. Check out Second Skin Damplifier Pro, Fatmat, and so on.

this is a site that compares the various products: http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/

I have switched from Dynamat Xtreme to SecondSkin Damplifier Pro, and I will NOT be going back. The Damp Pro is more effective and less expensive. The decision is simple.

here are some previous threads about this:

https://mustangforums.com/m_1462524/tm.htm

https://mustangforums.com/m_1344532/tm.htm
Old 08-30-2006, 09:43 PM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mAnYsTyLeS

Just wondering if anyone installed Dyn-O-Mat in their car to lower the noise in the cabin. Is it hard to get under the carpet, door panels and trunk??? Is the installation of this product easy???

This is something I would consider since I've always had foreign cars. Let me know your thoughts please. Thanks.
Oh Yeah, Trunk...........back seat area.............and doors. With the windows up I can barely hear the SLP LM's.

Next will be the floor.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:42 PM
MikeVistaBlue06
I ♥ Acer

Yes, I have and I used secondskin audio's product. Secondskin audio is where to go. Tell'em Mike and CrazyAl sent ya!!!

Putting it in the front fenderwells made a hellvua difference on the road noise.

Al posted my link and it shows all the pictures of where I put it.

Here is another link from way back when I started: https://mustangforums.com/m_1173323/tm.htm

I also sprayed their liquid stuff up into the rear wheel wells and this made a helluva difference in road noise from wet pavement!

It works!

Mike

Quick Reply: Anyone install Dyn-O-Mat anywhere in their new Mustang?