Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oh yeah...how does the Shaker 1000 sound (honestly)

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 01:18 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

Default Oh yeah...how does the Shaker 1000 sound (honestly)

Does it sound as good as the Bose & Infinity systems that come stock on some of today's cars? How is the bass? Does it make the trunk or license plate rattle?

If you want a decent sounding car radio...would the Shaker 1000 suffice?

Thanks
Old 08-29-2006, 01:39 PM
dotbomb
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Oh yeah...how does the Shaker 1000 sound (honestly)

Not worth it and the weak link of these systems is the head unit. I don't think you get decent sound out of the shaker head unit regardless of adding a sub in the trunk. The head unit has no sound shaping to it to speak of.

I personally went with the shaker 500 system and then replaced the head unit with a pioneer avic system. Night and day difference. Now the stereo sounds great and has plenty of bass response (it shakes my mirrors when pumping). I was considering changing out the speakers originally but I don't think it is necessary with the new head unit.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:42 PM
jdback19
4th Gear Member

Get the shaker 500 replace the head unit and blammo you have a badass system. The 1000 is definatley no worth the pirce.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:00 PM
Refire05GT
1st Gear Member

I'm not sure it is an option that I would necessarily pick if I was ordering a new one, but when I bought mine, it was on the lot already and had the Shaker 1k in it, so it came with it. My initial impression wasn't that great, but actually in my opinion, it is a pretty nice system once you know how to adjust it. I like my Shaker1k personally, and think it blasts out the tunes pretty nicely. If I get anything, I will get the Sirius adapter that's supposed to be coming out to work with the factory head unit, other than that I am happy with it.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:08 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

I already have the Pioneer AVIC-D2 waiting to be installed (once I get my damn car), so I guess that would take care of the H/U issue. Thanks.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:34 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

I have the 1000..so if i replace the head unit it will sound much better?....what head unit should i get...? where is the head unit...?

I am not a stereo guy, i know nothing about it..thanks
Old 08-29-2006, 02:42 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

You can go to Crutchfield.Com and see what units fit your car. The head unit is the main piece in front of your dash where you change the stations, put CD's in etc...
Old 08-29-2006, 02:54 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

it is a ncie system, but it doesnt compare with the quality of the bose systems
Old 08-29-2006, 03:00 PM
SonicStanGirl
2nd Gear Member

Honestly.... in my car the S1000 sounds awesome. I personally wouldn't have ordered it, but the only Sonic Blue GT left in my general viscinity came with one. My cars dash, doors, trunk, etc are really solid so I don't get any rattles anywhere and the sound is great. Contrary to what some others say on this forum, I believe that if you set the head unit to "shaker off" there is still sound coming from the thump box in the back. I put my ear right to it and could hear it coming from there. Not super loud or thumpy, but it was there (and I wasn't hearing the rear deck speakers.

I personally don't run it with "shaker on" very often, it can be too thumpy for me, however it really livens up some good rock and roll.

I will need to remove my shaker box from the trunk and put it away for some time while I go through massage therapy school cuz I need to try to get a massage table in my trunk. I have heard you can just disconnnect it and remove, however, I will be a little bummed that I will lose the great sound that I believe the 10 speakers gives you.

Although I like the sound, I really think the head unit is crappy. The controls are huge, the whole thing is huge, doesn't have cool back-light colors or anything, and you don't have a real equalizer to really tune the sound to your own personal likeing. Just bass and treble linear type selections. You know, go left or right for more of less bass, etc. Mine has also skipped a few CDs and doesn't like home-burned stuff either.

That is my 2, or 3, or 4 cents.

Old 08-29-2006, 06:03 PM
Refire05GT
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SonicStanGirl

Honestly.... in my car the S1000 sounds awesome. I personally wouldn't have ordered it, but the only Sonic Blue GT left in my general viscinity came with one. My cars dash, doors, trunk, etc are really solid so I don't get any rattles anywhere and the sound is great. Contrary to what some others say on this forum, I believe that if you set the head unit to "shaker off" there is still sound coming from the thump box in the back. I put my ear right to it and could hear it coming from there. Not super loud or thumpy, but it was there (and I wasn't hearing the rear deck speakers.

I personally don't run it with "shaker on" very often, it can be too thumpy for me, however it really livens up some good rock and roll.

I will need to remove my shaker box from the trunk and put it away for some time while I go through massage therapy school cuz I need to try to get a massage table in my trunk. I have heard you can just disconnnect it and remove, however, I will be a little bummed that I will lose the great sound that I believe the 10 speakers gives you.

Although I like the sound, I really think the head unit is crappy. The controls are huge, the whole thing is huge, doesn't have cool back-light colors or anything, and you don't have a real equalizer to really tune the sound to your own personal likeing. Just bass and treble linear type selections. You know, go left or right for more of less bass, etc. Mine has also skipped a few CDs and doesn't like home-burned stuff either.

That is my 2, or 3, or 4 cents.

Try adjusting the fader about 2 or 3 clicks forward from the center, with the shaker on, but adjust your bass to about mid level, or a couple of clicks past mid depending on music, should help with the thumpies.

Quick Reply: Oh yeah...how does the Shaker 1000 sound (honestly)