Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help: best place to buy MyColor gauges

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 05:38 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Help: best place to buy MyColor gauges

hey mines an 05 didnt come with as far as i know, but i got the premium model which came with nice chrome 20inch rims
Old 01-02-2007, 06:05 PM
Stone
2nd Gear Member

Well for the first 05's it was not an option it was sposed to be but there was a legal problem that did not get solved for a few month after they started shipping, I was sposed to get it but was told I would have to wait and they could not tell me how long, Glad I did not wait it was a few months before I started hearing people on the boards getting 05's with MyColor in them.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:27 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

6xStang- you should have just told those 2 finicky passangers not to be so ****, and that blue and green are both part of the SAME color group, next to each other on the color spectrum, and compliment each other nicely!
They were probably just jealous that THEY didn't have that nifty blue color on THEIR gauges and wanted to jerk your chain (looks like it worked too!).......;-)
Old 01-02-2007, 06:36 PM
Skoshi42
2nd Gear Member

This thread was posted 09/01/06.. i have lost intest in the gauges.. but this can be used as reference for anyone else seeking information..

GT Newbie- my dealer wanted $380(including shipping) for the gauge cluster alone, and $60 for the buttons.. total rip off..

Old 01-02-2007, 06:36 PM
Agleon
2nd Gear Member

Does the installation also include them wiring the oil sensor and battery sensor?
Old 01-02-2007, 06:41 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

Skoshi42, Yes, your dealer tried to rip you off- mine looked it up on his computer and said $250, but forgot about the buttons, and ordered them a few days later for $60.
This was at Larson Ford in New Jersey, and they earned on the deal too at that price, so the dealer you went to was just a greedy s.o.b since it costs them all the same......!
Old 01-02-2007, 06:44 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

Agleon, yep- they don't have to "wire" anything, they just re-flash the computer and it works perfectly (installation was less than 1 hour).
Old 01-02-2007, 08:28 PM
Volguus

Sort of related question: has anyone opened up their dash instrument cluster to the point of removing the clear lens as shown here?

I ask because I'm in Europe, home of the Kilometer and the KM scale on the speedo is way too small to be safely viewed while driving. If this scale is a plastic plate or film that can be individually removed (like on my '90 Stang) , I should be able to make a replacement with the numbers reversed (km in big outer ring, miles in small inner ring).

This isn't such a crucial project that I feel like tearing my dash apart only to find out it can't be done. Instead, I'm hoping to benefit from the experience of anyone who already did it! Thanks in advance for any advice.

- K -
Old 01-02-2007, 08:37 PM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT Newbie
6xStang- blue and green are both part of the SAME color group, next to each other on the color spectrum, and compliment each other nicely!
I'd love to see your wardrobe! LOL...
Old 01-02-2007, 08:53 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

It does not require any wiring. It simply plugs right into the existing harness and IDID NOThave to reflash mine. I don't recall it being $60 for the buttons. I was thinking 30-40. I would have to check my reciept. The total cost was about 280 i think, shipping included.

Quick Reply: Help: best place to buy MyColor gauges