Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got a new Tungstun Gray V6 pony, I got a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 09:38 PM
ssimaniac
2nd Gear Member

Default Just got a new Tungstun Gray V6 pony, I got a few questions

What's up guys, just bought a new 06 stang

I went out and got 30% tint since 20% was too dark for me. I got a few pics as well of the car, before the tints were done

Now with tint done, I was thinking of getting these lights for it

Are they any good and easy to install? I want to black out the bumper lights as well, make it all dark. I don't know if I should do anything to the taillights, maybe get them in black as well or leave it be?

For now, I want some ideas on app. mods.

One thing I dislike about it, is the shifter. Is there anyway I could maybe install a short shifter that will not mess up the transmition but for the v6 not v8?

Also, I would like to lower it maybe 2" ( I was gonna get some rims but I like the pony ones on it) What are some good springs to get?

Any other ides? Thanks for you help
Old 09-01-2006, 09:59 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Just got a new Tungstun Gray V6 pony, I got a few questions

I just bought an '06 Tungsten Grey GT on Monday. I have the 18" polished Bullits with the interior appearance pkg(like yours) but with the carbon fiber dash panel. I'm not too sure about those headlights you're showing.......but to each their own....so I'm not knocking you..I was considering a billet grille insert(upper and lower) and a CDC's front chin spoiler(similar to '07 California Special
Mustang). In lowering your car...Eibachs are usually a good choice(very reputable). If that's your choice(the light treatments you are suggesting), then go with what you want....btw check with state and/or local laws as these lights might not be road legal. Check out an issue of Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords, they have tons of ads for everything '05 & up Mustang. Good choice in color!
Best of luck with your 'Stang![sm=icon_cheers.gif]
Old 09-01-2006, 10:05 PM
ssimaniac
2nd Gear Member

Thanks!!!!

Quick question, lowering the car will void the warrenty or no?

ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver

I just bought an '06 Tungsten Grey GT on Monday. I have the 18" polished Bullits with the interior appearance pkg(like yours) but with the carbon fiber dash panel. I'm not too sure about those headlights you're showing.......but to each their own....so I'm not knocking you..I was considering a billet grille insert(upper and lower) and a CDC's front chin spoiler(similar to '07 California Special
Mustang). In lowering your car...Eibachs are usually a good choice(very reputable). If that's your choice(the light treatments you are suggesting), then go with what you want....btw check with state and/or local laws as these lights might not be road legal. Check out an issue of Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords, they have tons of ads for everything '05 & up Mustang. Good choice in color!
Best of luck with your 'Stang![sm=icon_cheers.gif]
Old 09-01-2006, 10:31 PM
motoxdirtrider84
2nd Gear Member

loooks good.....but almost everyone on here is going to tell you that those headlights are ricey and are not for a mustang. I personally dont like them but do what you want to do. good luck with the stang though!
Old 09-01-2006, 10:35 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Nothing ever voids a cars warrenty, if you change your springs and they cause something else to break then they won't fix that problem because it is related to the modifcation that you did. No modification will every void a full warrenty, you will here this many times througout this forum and people asking the same question.

-Jeff
Old 09-01-2006, 10:36 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

No, lowering your car doesn't void the warranty...that's why you see cars already lowered at the dealerships.
Old 09-02-2006, 12:46 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

I really REALLY hate those headlights. They also make them for the 04's, but on those the projector lamps are side-by-side which looks much better. The over and under look just doesn't work on the 05+ IMO. On blacking out the taillights, there are overlays available for that but I believe they are illegal in all states. So you'll be taking a chance if you do that. You might consider doing the blackout panel between the taillights, you can do vinyl like in my sig picture or there's also a cool honeycomb panel available.
Old 09-02-2006, 02:07 AM
S281 E
5th Gear Member

I love the Tungsten grey color.