Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone NOT qualified for 0%/72 on 06's and will this be extended?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 05:39 PM
gtmachine
1st Gear Member

Default Has anyone NOT qualified for 0%/72 on 06's and will this be extended?

Just wondering if you have fair credit if you still get the 0% finacning on 06's? (ford direct website says not all buyers will qualify). Also do you think Ford will extend this incentive beyond 9-05?? I was doing the math and it really does save quite a bit of money over 72 months even compared to a low interest rate!
Old 09-02-2006, 05:41 PM
Wildcat13
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Has anyone NOT qualified for 0%/72 on 06's and will this be extended?

my salesman told me it would be hard to get turned down for 0% through Ford Credit right now. It might be extended, but it depends on the inventory left after labor day. From what I saw I doubt there will be that much left - they are going fast.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:48 PM
danam
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Has anyone NOT qualified for 0%/72 on 06's and will this be extended?

I think just about anyone with a score of 600 or higher can get it.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:53 PM
ArcticFrog
2nd Gear Member

My dealership is HAMMERED this weekend with the offer going on. I doubt they'll have much left on the lot to work with past 9/05. They owe me a detailing now because after my car came back from it's appearance mods they were going to 'refresh' it for me but couldn't get the time to get it in because of all the cars selling so fast with the 'sale'. They said I could either leave it and they'd work it in SOMETIME in the next few days or I could come get it and bring it back later next week. I went and got it!! NO WAY they're keeping my baby!

A
Old 09-02-2006, 07:38 PM
Tri C
1st Gear Member

No, it won't be extended as there will be no need to do so. Cars have flown off the lots since August 24. I bought this past week and, as of yesterday, the selling store literally has only a handful of '06 cars left. There will be something similar to dispose of trucks, apparently in October.

If you want a Mustang, buy it by Tuesday night.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:44 PM
gtmachine
1st Gear Member

Well I wonder if dealerships that DON'T sell their remaining 06 GT's by the 5th and still have them sitting there will give you an even BETTER deal??? Wouldnt that give a buyer better bargaining leverage, how will they sell it by going up in price if they didnt sell it with the incentives??? I'd be willing to wait and see what happens after the 5th to the REMAINING 06 GT's as they will have to offer a great deal to get rid of them. And lets be realistic, I doubt that after the 5th at 12:00AM midnight hour all the remaining 06's will get sold or turn into pumpkins LOL!! They will still be there on the 6th. Then what? The price goes UP?? I doubt it.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:31 PM
Tri C
1st Gear Member

Oh, I would expect, at least for awhile, for prices to revert to pre-August 24 levels until Ford makes final pay on them to dealers later.
It's not like '07s have yet to hit the ground.

Ford's 0%/72 (all credit tiers) has never, ever been offered before by any manufacturer. For me, at age 51, this was a good deal but not unprecedented as I've taken advantage of similar offers in the past. For those of you who are young, or just starting out, or have less than sterling credit, this is a truly incredible offer.
Old 09-03-2006, 12:07 AM
Rsmin
1st Gear Member

Just bought mine today. Wasn't going to buy one till the end of September, but I really wanted the 06. I am in the Atlanta area and at one of the largest Ford dealerships and they only had two left. By the time I left today, they were both gone. I know this salesman pretty well and he said that they sold 8 GT's last week. He said that they had been getting calls from all over the state and from someone in Tennessee trying to find one.

You guys may have more guts than me to hold out past Tuesday, but if you are financing for a long period of time the difference between 0% to 5-7% was huge over several years.

The salesman I had today said that he has been a Ford salesman for a long time and never seen it like this.

Old 09-03-2006, 12:57 AM
windveilpete
2nd Gear Member

I tried to get a GT this weekend. I waited too late. By now they had decided they would sell the gt to someone by the time the sale was over (it was their last one) so they wouldnt give me over 15k for my trade in, and wouldnt come down off of the sticker price at all. Same thing at another dealer, they were better than the first on the trade in value - but wouldnt budge on msrp. And it was a v6 model on the second... completely base model too. I could have saved about 50 bucks a month on the new v6, but would have really missed the leather, shaker stereo, my color, etc.

I have a dealer trying to get me a gt from Mississippi, but said he wouldnt know anything till tuesday, so I am pretty much out of the buying a GT picture.

I think if I had jumped on it early, I would have gotten one no problem. Oh well.... maybe next year.