Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 Master Cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 09:58 AM
07stangGrl
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 07 Master Cylinder

Thanks all, and YEP checked it and it does leak some sooo I will take some out see if that helps. Wonder why they are not recalling for a new cap?
Old 09-03-2006, 10:10 AM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

You would think that they would have come up with a solution if this has been going on for several years.
Old 09-03-2006, 01:22 PM
ProStang
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Newbreedgt05

You would think that they would have come up with a solution if this has been going on for several years.
And WHY would they ??? The only harm is paint comes off. Not a safety issue or major concern at all. I could show a design flaw that cracks the floor on every 85-93 foxand Ford does not give a rats butt about fixing ! Also how about door cracks on Ford F150 that Ford never found a fix.

I could give you a LONG list of Mustang issues that bother me, I just deal with it.

Mustangs have FLAWS people, just deal with it !!!

The S197 is the best made Mustang to date.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:59 PM
siggy14
2nd Gear Member

If anything it is not the cap that is flawed, but the size of the tank. The cap needs to breath so there is no way to seal it completly, the obvious solution would be to make the tank size a little bit bigger so they can put the same amount of fluid without having to overfill it.
Old 09-03-2006, 03:25 PM
07stangGrl
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ProStang

ORIGINAL: Newbreedgt05

And WHY would they ??? The only harm is paint comes off. Not a safety issue or major concern at all. I could show a design flaw that cracks the floor on every 85-93 foxand Ford does not give a rats butt about fixing ! Also how about door cracks on Ford F150 that Ford never found a fix.

I could give you a LONG list of Mustang issues that bother me, I just deal with it.

Mustangs have FLAWS people, just deal with it !!!

The S197 is the best made Mustang to date.
I am sorry but I think If I am going to pay $40.000 for a car and there is a problem with something on that car, I dont care how minor they should at LEAST try to resolve that problem...
Would you not agree????
Old 09-03-2006, 06:31 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

Actually, the cap doesent and shouldent need to "breath".

Brake systems are sealed to prevent the fluid which is hydroscopic from absorbing water from the air.

The rubber seal is a bladder and is supposed to seal against the resivoir, there is supposed to be atmosphere on the backside of the bladder to allow it to drop into the resivoir to compensate for the fluid level changing as the pads wear.

Ford needs to fix this.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:02 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: classj

Actually, the cap doesent and shouldent need to "breath".

Brake systems are sealed to prevent the fluid which is hydroscopic from absorbing water from the air.

The rubber seal is a bladder and is supposed to seal against the resivoir, there is supposed to be atmosphere on the backside of the bladder to allow it to drop into the resivoir to compensate for the fluid level changing as the pads wear.

Ford needs to fix this.
+1. The cap allows air in behind the bladder and the bladder expands to compensate for slow fluid loss over time, but there is not supposed to be any air getting into the reservoir.
Old 09-03-2006, 08:37 PM
07stangGrl
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: classj

Ford needs to fix this.
THANK YOU! I totally agree
Old 09-03-2006, 10:48 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

I bought a new cap a couple weeks ago but havent had a chance to play with it yet. I am going to work on the car tommorow providing the weather is nice. Maybe I will pull the cap off and see what the actual problem is. I am betting it is just not sealing or something to that effect. Maybe I can figure out a solution. Who knows.

At least we might be out of the rain. Here in NJ it has rained so much in the past two weeks I havent even bothered washing the stang and it needs some TLC. It has been raining every other damn day.

Forgot to mention, I lowered the fluid level to below the max line as well. Helped a little, but not much.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:54 PM
07stangGrl
2nd Gear Member

Send some rain down here to Houston.. At least in the part I live we have not had much at all. Seems to rain all around this little town and not drop much on us

Quick Reply: 07 Master Cylinder