Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Legal Action?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 02:02 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Default RE: Legal Action?

Np man. let me know how it all goes. I'd be nice to get that Saleen package for free but you do know that it would take forever.. cuz they'd fight you like a bull.
Trust me .. I know.. my father's a lawyer and I've done ALOT of work with him when I was in college.

I think this will work out for ya.
call me or whatever if ya need more help.
I think this will go good for yas tho!
Old 09-05-2006, 02:04 PM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

The cost of legal representation pursuing the matter, and the time involved, before an agreement / settlement is reached, is not cost effective. This would be a civil suit, and it may not go to trial for 1-2 years, all the while your lawyer will be billing you at $75 min per hour, no smart attorney would EVER take this "shaky" of a case on contingency.

Furthermore, there is no guarantee that you might prevail.

It sounds like the dealer made an "honest mistake", they didn't do a "bait and switch" tactic. Think about that, no judge or jury is going to rule in your favor. (JMO)

U R being emotional, rather than rational. Just get over it, and move on.
GOOD LUCK !!!!!
Old 09-05-2006, 02:08 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Also this just goes to show EVERYONE. Don't trust a dealer to find a car for ya.
99% are lazy and wait for someone to buy what they have. I know this for a FACT.
Find someone that you know that is hooked in the car bus. or find out HOW they look, and do it yourself or ask someone who can. :P
There are people who know little tricks of the trade to find what you need.
When people say that a car is not out there.. its total B.S. 99.9% of the time.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:10 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

The cost of legal representation pursuing the matter, and the time involved, before an agreement is reached, is not cost effective.
Furthermore, there is no guarantee that you might prevail.
It sounds like the dealer made an honest mistake. U R being emotional, rather than rational. Just get over it, and move on.
GOOD LUCK !!!!!
Yup yup.
could'nt have said it better myself.. EXEPT the honest mistake part. Not saying it was'nt BUT you would sh it if you knew what dealers do to make an extra buck.. including adding stuff to cars and saying later.. "oops .. sorry cant find another so spend more on this one."
P.S. the emotinal part is competely understandable.. AND he was rational.. trust me. I spoke with him on the phone. He is doing everything perfect in dealing with it, and saving the worst part for last.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:27 PM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

I wasn't trying to be critical about the emotional part, I understand the "let down" he is feeling. What I meant by rational is thinking he could but a Saleen at a GT price, over an honest mistake, and doing so with "legal pressure"

Fact of the matter is.......... this FORD Dealer probably wasn't a Saleen dealer (most of them aren't). When they saw a GT on the locator, they said here's a GT, (the Ford Computor doesn't list the aftermarket packages)so..... they merely passed the info onto burdweiser, and he said OK. The vin is from Flatrock, it will always be the same wether itsa Roush, Saleen, Elinor whatever. Aftermarket add ons to not change vin #'s.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:29 PM
burdweiser
2nd Gear Member

Yes, I am emotionally pissed! The dealer told me they were getting a car for me and then it turned out to be the wrong car. I don't think they were trying to do a "bait and switch" either, they just did not pay attention to the invoice. I do not want to fight to keep the Saleen replica, I want to fight to get the same deal I got at the beginning, the one of I signed a contract for.
I just called and gave them the info on the only mustang I can find. I am going to give them one hour, then I am going to call and ask when I can pick up my car that I signed for!
[>:]
[>:][>:][>:][>:][>:][>:][>:]
Old 09-05-2006, 02:42 PM
imyy4u
3rd Gear Member

i'm 1 year away from being a lawyer. i know the rights.

the poster above was correct in saying the dealer can void the contract for mistake of material fact. the dealer made an honest mistake, therefore the contract is null and void. you will not win legally, and EVEN if SOMEHOW you miraculously won you would spend more money on legal fees and it would take years; at which point you'd probably have another car. no use in pursuing it.

what you CAN do and what you SHOULD do is find the car you want YOURSELF (like i did) then go to that dealership and buy it. call ahead and tell them you are coming. since the previous contract you signed is void, just buy the new car yourself all over again. that way you can be assured that you get the car you want and that they won't give you bull**** about shipping me. trust me, don't trust these idiot dealership, go directly to the dealership that has your car!!

Old 09-05-2006, 02:44 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

I found the car he wants for him. hes just gonna see if they will get it from the other dealership or not.

Just do what I said to do in the PMs..
And consider driving to where the car is (if thats at all possible)
Old 09-05-2006, 02:46 PM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

I'm SURE they will look around, and try to find something for you. You signed a contract for a car that really didn't exsist, and the dealer didn't know it either.
If you push them to find a car exactly what you want, at the price you signed for, you could end up paying thousands in tranfer fees, and......... yes, legally they would have the right to do that.
Really, spend your time and energy towards finding what you want, not playing... he sed... she sed,... I'm right.... you're wrong etc.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:49 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

I'm SURE they will look around, and try to find something for you. You signed a contract for a car that really didn't exsist, and the dealer didn't know it either.
If you push them to find a car exactly what you want, at the price you signed for, you could end up paying thousands in tranfer fees, and......... yes, legally they would have the right to do that.
Really, spend your time and energy towards finding what you want, not playing... he sed... she sed,... I'm right.... you're wrong etc.
Heh. They told him there were none in texas.. haha.
I found the car for him in about fifteen minutes.
He is dealing with a lazy salesman or dealership or both.
The car they screwed up for him was not on the lot.. so the fees would already be included.
His actions now are to find out if they will actually get it for him, or not.

Quick Reply: Legal Action?