Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jegs clear corner questions!?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 07:12 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Jegs clear corner questions!?

Here are mine..yea those Jegs ones look like crap send them Back..got mine on E-Bay...They just look big...alot is covered by the bumper..they will fit..
Old 09-05-2006, 07:17 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Bl1nkage,
Don't feel like the lone ranger there buddy. I received mine from V6 Mustang on Friday, same frikken thing. They look great from straight on, but from the side, [:'(][:'(]. I sent an E Mail to V6 over the weekend, and will check for response when I get home from work. I even kept pictures at home of what was represented, and what was sent......

Oh, and the picture on their web site changed AFTER I ordered and received. I will update you when I get home....

Mike

Old 09-05-2006, 07:18 PM
Jas06GT
1st Gear Member

Id check the corners, those might just be inserts.
I know mine came with some orange reflector thingys but they werent in the corners just in the box, to be honest I didnt pay that much attention.
Ill go out in the garage and see if i left them in the box.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:26 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Thanks guys for the respsonses... I really would like to get this figured out so I can install these ASAP...

The clear front lense part looks as if it will pop out. I mean there are tabs on the top and bottom, Im just afraid to pull them back too far because if they happen to break then Im screwed

* Im on the phone with Jegs right now trying to figure out what I can do about this, Ill keep you guys updated.

**Ok, I called Jegs, and they said that these are the only ones they have, and so I asked if they knew a way to get the colored reflector out and they said no, but gave me APC's number and told me to ask them. I gave them a call, but they close at 5pm, and its 6pm.. So Im gussing unless another member has an answer it will have to wait until tomorrow.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:10 PM
DaBoss
2nd Gear Member

I have heard that they changed the design sometime in July. I ordered mine in May and they were completely clear. Sucks for those of you who didn't get them sooner.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:23 PM
lmmmmm
2nd Gear Member

there are still some dealers with old stock. just need to hunt around.

American Products Company To Pay
$650,000 Civil Penalty For Sale of Lamps
Not Meeting Safety Standards

The U.S. Department of Transportation?s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) announced today that American Products Company (APC) has agreed to pay a $650,000 civil penalty as a result of its manufacture, certification, and sale of replacement lamps that did not comply with federal safety standards.

Over the past several years, APC sold various models of noncomplying replacement tail lamps, commonly sold as "clear" tail lamps or "Eurotail" lamps. Some of the non-complying models replaced red lamps and reflectors with clear ones. Others were missing side marker lamps or reflectors.

APC also sold other noncompliant replacement lighting equipment, including clear corner and bumper lenses and high-intensity discharge (HID) conversion kits. The nonconforming equipment was sold by a variety of retailers. The lamps and lenses have been the subject of four recalls covering thousands of parts.

The parts and model numbers associated with these safety recalls are listed on NHTSA?s web site, http://www.nhtsa.gov/ under the recall numbers 99E-039, 00E-078, 01E-035 and 03E-014. Part and model numbers are located either on the lamps or on the packaging in which the lamps were sold. Consumers with questions about this or any other safety recall campaign should call NHTSA?s toll-free Auto Safety Hotline, (888) 327-4236.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:24 PM
1BADD05
3rd Gear Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-07...29455353QQrdZ1

OK GUYS TRY THIS LINK TO EBAY THESE ARE ALL CLEAR I HAVE THEM IN MY CAR. YES THE LIGHTS LOOK LIKE THEY BELONG IN A MACK TRUCK BUT THEY ARE THE SAME SIZE AS THE STOCK ONES ONCE YOU GET THOSE OUT!

Old 09-05-2006, 08:58 PM
stangmods.com
Banned

Hey guys, we have the clear ones on our site with a brand new Xenon HID Chrome bulb. You can check out the turn signals here:

http://www.stangmods.com/Clear_Turn_...ng_p/00622.htm

And the upgraded bulbs here: http://www.stangmods.com/Xenon_Chrom...bs_p/00533.htm

Not sure what Jeg's pricing is, but if its cheaper than ours, we will match it.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:46 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Stangmods, can you hold a set of these for me please? Is that possible?
Old 09-05-2006, 10:49 PM
stangmods.com
Banned

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

Stangmods, can you hold a set of these for me please? Is that possible?
Yes, I can do that for you. Just please email me your name and address and I'll put it on hold for you. Thanks!

Matt, owner
StangMods.com

Quick Reply: Jegs clear corner questions!?