Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

geico insurance

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 07:06 PM
Scotte28516
4th Gear Member

Default RE: geico insurance

The doors do not have the exact same body lines as the oem parts have, and they do not fit right. They cannot be correctly aligned without having large gaps in the jams. That would make you the moron for accepting half *** parts like these on your car. Also genious....the Camry is made by Toyota here in the USA, not imported here from Japan. I don't have to look at you to tell you're re not too bright......China and Japan are two totally different countries with nothing in common, and their locations have nothing to do with making inferior aftermarket parts. I can tell Goegraphy wasn't your strong point. Also as I stated, they(meaning GEICO) is who would only approve aftermarket, non-oem parts, not my neighbor. I suppose you'd have absolutely no problems replacing parts on yopur classic stang in the pic with non-authorized aftermarket parts made in Mexico?? Who's the hypocrite now?
ORIGINAL: bodyputtyless

I don't understand why he's suing over "parts made in China"? The entire dammed car was made with Japaneese parts to begin with. Last time I looked Japan is right next door to China. He buys a car made from Japaneese parts and sues when they want to use Chineese parts. People are simply hypocritical morons.
Old 09-09-2006, 10:07 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I just got a policy with Geico to replace my statefarm policy, i'll save $600 per year for more coverage than i'm currently paying for. I received this email from them which i've never heard of before.

**** Florida Statute requires vehicles carrying physical damage coverage to be inspected at an approved inspection site (This inspection is different from the emissions test). You may call 1-888-242-1200 to obtain sites nearest you. To avoid having your physical damage coverage removed from your policy, please have your vehicle(s) inspected within 10 days of your policy effective date. ****

I've never had a car inspected in Florida when changing insurance or any other reason. Is this something new?
Old 09-09-2006, 10:50 PM
GaPony
1st Gear Member

I've have Geico. $472 every six months with full coverage. No claims yet.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:58 PM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

Might be that 'ol "loophole escape clause", lose a day, maybe a day and half's work x $125 a day, then another inspection, plus gas, and travel to their inspector, (add in another $200)

Based on the inspection,.......... they can't cover you for what they quoted. Maybe $150 more.
Should'a stayed with State / Farm, after all.

Regardless,.... IF you have been with any insurance carrier, for 3 - 5+ years, do not ever change, and let your years of loyalty, work for you. Less than 3 years, and you are "fair game"

The "other" guys will always have a better premium to get your biz, but, rarely, in the long term, will you ever save the money, you think you will.

But, they want you to think that.

JMO
Old 09-10-2006, 09:44 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

There's no loyalty in the insurance business. If you are costing them to much money they don't want your business. The inspection they speak of is nothing more than them wanting to see that there is on physical damage to your vehicle, but the site nearest me is a tires plus which just seems strange.

ORIGINAL: moosestang

I just got a policy with Geico to replace my statefarm policy, i'll save $600 per year for more coverage than i'm currently paying for. I received this email from them which i've never heard of before.

**** Florida Statute requires vehicles carrying physical damage coverage to be inspected at an approved inspection site (This inspection is different from the emissions test). You may call 1-888-242-1200 to obtain sites nearest you. To avoid having your physical damage coverage removed from your policy, please have your vehicle(s) inspected within 10 days of your policy effective date. ****

I've never had a car inspected in Florida when changing insurance or any other reason. Is this something new?