Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

brenspeed & C&L = ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 09:48 PM
ohfiveride
2nd Gear Member

Default brenspeed & C&L = ?

my brenspeed tune and C&L intake should be here sometime next week.....i wanna hear first hand from those who have this mod what i can expect.....does it improve throttle lag alot or little.....is the engine braking immediate instead of the 7 sec delay...does the exhauist note sound louder or the same....will i feel a big difference in acceleration or will it actually improve acceleration..1/4 times....most importantly was it worth all the money...i paid about 650
Old 09-07-2006, 10:00 PM
cyberjock4hire
1st Gear Member

Default RE: brenspeed & C&L = ?

I recieved the same package about 6 months ago. I got the 87, 91 and 93 tunes. I have only been using the 87 tune but will soon try the others. My first impression was no FU$%ing way, It was like a new engine. The throttle lag was gone, and first gear was a real monster with torque from the very start. The engine braking did not seem to change ( I have a manual), as far as the exhaust note, well I detect a small difference (I have MAC axle backs).
Acceleration does appear to increase, I do not know about 1/4 times as I do not race the car, only in the empty parking lots do I practice my burnouts and such.
It will probably be the best 650 you will spend for the changes you will immediately notice.
There, you have my opinion on how the GT with a manual behaves when given the C&L intake and the Brenspeed 87 tune.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:59 PM
rerun
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ohfiveride

my brenspeed tune and C&L intake should be here sometime next week.....i wanna hear first hand from those who have this mod what i can expect.....does it improve throttle lag alot or little.....is the engine braking immediate instead of the 7 sec delay...does the exhauist note sound louder or the same....will i feel a big difference in acceleration or will it actually improve acceleration..1/4 times....most importantly was it worth all the money...i paid about 650
brenspeed + C&L = sex
Old 09-07-2006, 11:03 PM
blaven
3rd Gear Member

Just installed mine on my 07 yesterday. I got the 89, 92 and 93 tunes but i'm running the 93 one atm. No issues with check engine lights at all when i loaded it up and turned it over. ALthough i had a little issue with the air filter and the heat shield not fitting exactly right but its on there and not coming off anytime soon hehe. Got it out for a drive today and the throttle response is better and it feels like i have some more power to it on the lower end. Exhaust isn't really noticible since i have the SLP's. But so far it kicks butt!
Old 09-07-2006, 11:12 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

brenspeed + C&L = sex
[sm=exactly.gif]
Old 09-07-2006, 11:42 PM
undefeated
4th Gear Member

Brenspeed + C&L = Wow, these things were seriously detuned from the factory!

That was my first thought.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:16 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ohfiveride

Alot, its not immediate but its faster, a little louder, alot better acceleration and 1/4 times, VERY. Youll love it! BTW I use his 93 tune and it really gives her a nice kick in the *** when you push down the pedal.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:52 AM
ucdgreek
1st Gear Member

can someone tell me how much the intake and the brenspeed tune cost..im looking to get a cai and tune in the next couple of days
Old 09-08-2006, 01:00 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ucdgreek

can someone tell me how much the intake and the brenspeed tune cost..im looking to get a cai and tune in the next couple of days
Intake + SCT combo from Brenspeed is 675, best combo IMO. http://www.brenspeed.com/mustang_2005/airkittuner.html
Old 09-08-2006, 10:43 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

If you use the new 93 tune it will definately put your *** against the seat like you cannot not even imagine. It is simply out of this world. Get it today and you will be swearing by this product like me. Brenspeed & C&L = Z28 who?

Quick Reply: brenspeed & C&L = ?