Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new Florida Highway Patrol car?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 12:56 AM
Plaidpony

Default RE: new Florida Highway Patrol car?

ORIGINAL: moosestang

Where do you live? There are lots of unmarked police cars here in Florida.
ORIGINAL: Martin123

Dude, are you sure it was a cop car! If I remember correcty all police cars including highway patrols are supposed to be visibly marked.
So true. Some local PDs in SE Florida use tuned imports as well. Not unusual to see a heavily modified Civic, Sentra, RSeX, etc... (complete with neon) pull someone over. They tend to go after red-light drag racers and light night "impromtu" drag races.

SUVs and other performance cars (Vette, Camaro, etc..) are common too.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:57 AM
Plaidpony

ORIGINAL: Claytone

What you saw was in fact an unmarked patrol car, So. Florida has tons of them from SUVs to stangs. The newest worry is this:

WATCH OUT FOR A yellow SALEEN SC unmarked patrolling boynton to boca, its a cop
Thank you.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:31 AM
backinblack06
3rd Gear Member

I've also seen the mineral gray unmarked S-197's rollin around I-4 and sometimes on 95. The local cops here have the new chargers, now that is a pretty hot cop car. Not sure I would run from one....(not that I'd ever run though)
Old 09-11-2006, 01:43 AM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Yeah here in Cali, CHP uses civilian painted Crown Vics to nab truckers...but if a silly speeder in a car crosses their path....you'd be amazed how quick that vic can pull up behind you. That black & white GT looks super cool.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:07 AM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

God's Special People (Georgia State Patrol) have several C5 Z06s. Texas has some Cobra Rs. Several local municipalities have 99+ Z28/SS Camaros. I've even seen a HEAVILY modded Eclipse back home.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:10 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

actually in Fla, they have FHP and Sherrifs and city police doing all sorts of things in all sorts of cars. they have a aggressive driver program where they will accelerate by you and on your rear to see if you become aggressive. this is supposed to detur and catch road rage and aggressive drivers....you name the car the FHP has em....as well as your local city and county law enforcement depts. be careful out there....

Dude, are you sure it was a cop car! If I remember correcty all police cars including highway patrols are supposed to be visibly marked.
Right now Puerto Rico, prior to that North Carolina, Prior to that Massachusettes. I remember years ago there was an issue with entrapment when an unmarked patrol car pulled up beside you and you hit the gas. Not to mention there were crazies out there pulling over women pretending to be cops. After that I remember seeing all those patrol cars with police emblems on the side.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:15 AM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

actually in Fla, they have FHP and Sherrifs and city police doing all sorts of things in all sorts of cars. they have a aggressive driver program where they will accelerate by you and on your rear to see if you become aggressive. this is supposed to detur and catch road rage and aggressive drivers....you name the car the FHP has em....as well as your local city and county law enforcement depts. be careful out there....

Right now Puerto Rico, prior to that North Carolina, Prior to that Massachusettes. I remember years ago there was an issue with entrapment when an unmarked patrol car pulled up beside you and you hit the gas. Not to mention there were crazies out there pulling over women pretending to be cops. After that I remember seeing all those patrol cars with police emblems on the side.
That is 100000000000% Entrapment. That is also 1000000000000000% wrong and illegal
Old 09-11-2006, 03:02 AM
cortc
2nd Gear Member

You are right, they do not get in your face... They sit back cruising and watch for aggressive driving and then pull you over...

In Florida it is perfectly legal for police to have unmarked cars, some even have civilian license plates not the yellow or white county/state plates... The Mustangs are purchased not confiscated, and some departments including the FHP have decided to purchase Saleen cars...

ORIGINAL: GGIII

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

That is 100000000000% Entrapment. That is also 1000000000000000% wrong and illegal
Old 09-11-2006, 02:13 PM
jkasten101

In the so flo area on the turnpike i have seen multiple unmarked mercury marauders, have yet to run across any others YET. But unmarked police cars are abundant in So Flo....
Old 09-11-2006, 03:05 PM
|UCF|chron
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jkasten101

In the so flo area on the turnpike i have seen multiple unmarked mercury marauders, have yet to run across any others YET. But unmarked police cars are abundant in So Flo....
its So Fla

Quick Reply: new Florida Highway Patrol car?