Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Glassback Pricing??

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 10:47 AM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Glassback Pricing??

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

ORIGINAL: bascho

Wow ok those look totally different from the others ive seen. That actually looks smooth and good! Im wondering if you tinted it to help keep out the heat if it would pretty much defeat the purpose...

The pics that were posted of that Saleen are not the same as the one offered by Glassback. I have the Glassback roof and it has plastic trim on the front where the roof meets the windshield. Along the back edge of the roof there is another piece of trim with an LED brake light where the roof meets the back glass.

The roof on the Saleen looks just like the glass roof from the Mustang Concept.......I'm sure it's waaay more than $3K.
Thats exactly why I didnt want to get it before... because it looked like it had plastic between the glass.. can you post some pictures of yours from Glassback please? I really like it but if there really is a ridge between it like in the other pictures I saw before then forget it.

The weather is supposed to be nice this weekend so I'll be detailing the stang and taking pics. My pics of the Glassback are going to look exactly like it does on the glassbackroof.com website. The plastic trim on the front and back are not very wide and don't interfere with the view from the inside. I think they are used to service the roof. I'd be interested in knowing who does the Saleen roof as it looks really nice all flush....but I wonder about sealing and stress. Also, according to the Saleen website, the Saleen Scenic Roof is $3,999.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:31 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Wow ok those look totally different from the others ive seen. That actually looks smooth and good! Im wondering if you tinted it to help keep out the heat if it would pretty much defeat the purpose...

The pics that were posted of that Saleen are not the same as the one offered by Glassback. I have the Glassback roof and it has plastic trim on the front where the roof meets the windshield. Along the back edge of the roof there is another piece of trim with an LED brake light where the roof meets the back glass.

The roof on the Saleen looks just like the glass roof from the Mustang Concept.......I'm sure it's waaay more than $3K.
Thats exactly why I didnt want to get it before... because it looked like it had plastic between the glass.. can you post some pictures of yours from Glassback please? I really like it but if there really is a ridge between it like in the other pictures I saw before then forget it.

The weather is supposed to be nice this weekend so I'll be detailing the stang and taking pics. My pics of the Glassback are going to look exactly like it does on the glassbackroof.com website. The plastic trim on the front and back are not very wide and don't interfere with the view from the inside. I think they are used to service the roof. I'd be interested in knowing who does the Saleen roof as it looks really nice all flush....but I wonder about sealing and stress. Also, according to the Saleen website, the Saleen Scenic Roof is $3,999.
Thanks bascho, lookin forward to those pics
Old 09-15-2006, 12:26 AM
cortc
2nd Gear Member

bascho,

Yes, MSRP is 3,999; however why would you pay MSRP...

When you order a Saleen you can get the option for about 2,800...

You only get what you negotiate not what you deserve...

Old 09-15-2006, 12:35 AM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

who installs it?
Old 09-15-2006, 12:44 PM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cortc

bascho,

Yes, MSRP is 3,999; however why would you pay MSRP...

When you order a Saleen you can get the option for about 2,800...

You only get what you negotiate not what you deserve...

Are you talking about getting the dealer to install the Saleen Scenic Roof (SSR) after you've purchased the car for $2800?? How would Glassback stay in business if the Saleen roof is the same price installed? I think you are talking about a dealer lowing the overall price on the car they already purchased from Saleen with the SSR. The reason I think this is because the SSR looks like a Saleen factory option.....not a dealer installed one like the Glassback. I could be wrong.......but $2800 dealer installed for the SSR seems very low.