Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is wrong with people?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 12:57 AM
Riggs007
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: What is wrong with people?

Not only am I the one parked out in the middle of nowhere, but Im also the jacka** who parks at an angle takin two spots...before that, samething happened to me twice.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:59 AM
underbird10
3rd Gear Member

I'm not sure why it helps, but I use a pull-through technique (pull through to the adjacent spot, facing nose-out) whenever I can. For some reason, it seems that people either don't like to park next to a car that's facing the other direction, or they're more careful getting out next to it, but it works!!

Since I said this, I'll probably be the next victim of the station wagon syndrome.......

UB10
Old 09-12-2006, 01:27 AM
RCT06GT
3rd Gear Member

My car just recently got keyed[sm=devilgrin.gif]. I try to park as far away and to where only one car can park by my side. Do you guys move shopping carts away from your cars too?
Old 09-12-2006, 08:26 AM
madmike
1st Gear Member

I got a parking ticket last week for taking up 3 spots in a nearly empty parking lot! The closest car was 4 rows away!!!!
Old 09-12-2006, 08:41 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

It seems no matter where you park, something will happen to it. When I first bought the car I thought. "I'd park far away, but in reason." Meaning, I'm not going to have to walk a mile to wherever I was going. Well, it appears that theory got a door slammed into my car or something. (Luckily no dent, left some white residue or something... was easily rubbed out with some 3M Compound or something.) Strike 1.

The next I was parking in the back of our building at work. A row of cars that generally employs park only, and it's a small business so you kinda know all the employee's and no one is going to just ding your car without telling you they did it kinda thing. Well, it appears two of the ladies in the office had to leave early that day, so some lucky fella decided he wanted to park next to me. I'm not sure how he did it, but left a small gash in my driver's side door near the handle. This was right down to the paint, so nothing I could do to fix it but put some touchup paint on it and leave it at that. :T Strike 2.

Next, I decided to park WAY out on the parking lot, where the parking spots are like 15 feet wide. (Kinda cozy, actually.) On one side there is a little island. In front of me there is a curb. Behind me is the place you drive. So there is only one spot you can park next to me... Well, I walked out the other day and noticed about 3 4-5 inch faint scratches down my passenger door. As if someone was walking by with a ****load of keys dangling from their belt... and yeah... WHY WOULD YOU!? Like I said, the parking spots are wide. So I had like 4 feet of space from my car to MY line.... I just don't get it. Strike 3.

Now. I think I'm going to put a sticker in the window saying. "Get within 5 feet and you get shot." Or something... lol. I can't win.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:05 AM
wildabouthorses
2nd Gear Member

Just recently I parked the Mustang at Wal-Mart in a straight in spot and come out only to find a truck parked on the drivers side so darn close I could barely squeeze between the two vehicles. There was no way to get the door open more than a few inches. So I went to the passenger side and had to slide over the middle/shifter to get in. What made it really bad was I was having physical therapy 3 times a week for a motorcycle accident injury that happened in June to my left shoulder. It was very very painful having to lean on that arm to get over the middle just so I could get into the drivers seat. Man...talk about pissed off! I wish I had jeans on with a zipper, I could have slid between the vehicles and um "accidently" rubbed my zipper against this new looking truck as I squeezed between them just to get to my drivers side door! But I didn't do anything, I should have left a note or waited until the person came out to the truck and gave em' an earful!
Old 09-12-2006, 10:04 AM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

Kids too like 6-10 often just throw open the doors and race off. Their parents are clueless. Definitely no parking next to a 2 door and yeah best bet is Egypt.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:49 AM
callahan
3rd Gear Member

Park only on end spots. Do not take up 2 spots by angle parking. You will get keyed by someone. Their are so many obese people these days, some can't get their fat asses out of the car without swinging wide. Park next to 4 door cars if possible. Their doors are smaller and don't swing as long as 2 door coupes. Some people are just plain mean and will mess with your car because they can.
You can only hope you catch them in the act.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:55 AM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

What is BFE?
Old 09-12-2006, 10:59 AM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KTownGT

What is BFE?
Bum *** egypt...