MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Carbon fiber dash panel? Upgrade? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/179079-carbon-fiber-dash-panel-upgrade.html)

stangster06 09-12-2006 10:41 AM

Carbon fiber dash panel? Upgrade?

I used to own a 2006 GT coupe (Black/Black) with interior upgrade package that had an aluminum dash panel. I traded for an 06 convertible (Silver/Black), also with the interior upgrade package, but the dash panel seems to be dark carbon grey with a texture like carbon fiber.

Does anyone else have this or know what it is made of? I actually did not notice until I was driving the car home. I actually like the aluminum better but was wondering if this was an option (upgrade) from the aluminum or if it is the standard dash panel?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks to all.

grabberorange1 09-12-2006 10:50 AM

RE: Carbon fiber dash panel? Upgrade?

It's an option when ordering the upgrade package to choose either one, I believe it was a late '06 update...I have the carbon looking one in my '07 too.

Joe Blystfk 09-20-2006 04:29 PM

I have a new 2006 Black GT / 5 speed std. with the Aluminum dash panels. I would trade them for a set of the gray ones if anyone is interested.

joe

05gtdriver 09-20-2006 04:36 PM

Yeah, I have a late bulid '06(06/06) and it has the carbon fiber panel(looks way better with the Charcoal interior IMO). The choices are the same for '07, either silver of machined turned(I think it's called), not sure though. Pity, you don't like the new choice...maybe you could trade with Joe Blysfk.

FersGT 09-27-2006 11:09 AM

I have searched and searched www and can't find a carbon fiber shift knob to match...also looking for interior handle covers. Everything I find is either glossy or true fiber weave. Any idea who makes that dash for Ford or who has something to match? I tried searching using words like 'faux', 'ford', 'carbon fiber' and many, many others but no luck matching what Ford uses for the dash???? I have very little experience with interior upgrades so maybe I am missing a good supplier out there???

Flippn 09-27-2006 01:09 PM

FersGT, I've tried looking for the same pattern inlays to carry over to the rest of the interior with no luck. The carbon fiber pattern that comes from ford does not match any carbon fiber inlay that I've come across. The interior's platics are esaily scratched and I was looking for something to put over them.

If you (or anyone reading this) comes across inlays that match please post it. Thanks!

Gman13 09-27-2006 03:47 PM

Can you guys post some pics of your interiors? There is a company called westview I believe that has dash kits. Are you talking about the aftermarket overlays or the actual pieces?

Gman13 09-27-2006 03:47 PM

Actually it is not westview it is woodview I believe

dmwtech 09-27-2006 07:01 PM

My 06 GT built in May of 06 has the charcoal panel instead of the bright aluminum. I like it, especially on the a black car with charcoal interior. The little bit of chrome in the interior sets it off.

mikegyver64 03-20-2007 01:08 AM

benevente has almost an exact match [except for the gloss, but it looks good]