Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Silverstar bulbs are here

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 11:53 AM
SlappyGT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Silverstar bulbs are here

ORIGINAL: Stooge

Hope the plastic mounting flanges don't melt. I believe they will, and don't ask me how I know.

I've never had a problem with the Silverstars melting flanges or frying harnesses. They are stock wattage, they just burn more efficiently.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:05 PM
praztek
3rd Gear Member

I'm also concerned with all that I've heared about meltdowns. Those of you testing out this new product, please keep the rest of us informed.

Thanks

Hope the plastic mounting flanges don't melt. I believe they will, and don't ask me how I know.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:20 PM
starman
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SlappyGT

I've never had a problem with the Silverstars melting flanges or frying harnesses. They are stock wattage, they just burn more efficiently.
Exactly. As long as you keep with the stock wattage, I think 55w, you will burn nothing. It is when you try to "over drive" the harness with say a 110 watt bulb, things start to melt.

I too upgraded all four bulbs to silverstars and am happy.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:23 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

Is there a quality brand out there that offers a nice bluish tint for our headlights and foglights? I heard Nokya & Luminics...any suggestions?
Old 09-19-2006, 01:26 PM
SlappyGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mAnYsTyLeS

Is there a quality brand out there that offers a nice bluish tint for our headlights and foglights? I heard Nokya & Luminics...any suggestions?
I have the Nokya's, and they look very good. However, I can't crap at night, and it's much worse in the rain. That's why I'm gonna switch to the Silverstars this weekend.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:32 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

Slappy...what's the name of the bulbs you bought? e.g. Arctic White, etc...
Old 09-19-2006, 01:37 PM
SlappyGT
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, I got the Arctic White ones. They're actually pretty blue. The fogs seem to be a lighter, constant blue, and the headlights look blue, but give off a white light.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:51 PM
Silencer06
2nd Gear Member

Location: Raised in Chicago; living near St. Louis in Troy, IL

ORIGINAL: SlappyGT

I have the Nokya's, and they look very good. However, I can't crap at night, and it's much worse in the rain. That's why I'm gonna switch to the Silverstars this weekend.

Slappy, in your above message, please tell us that you meant to say "I can't SEE crap at night". You weren't actually sharing info about your bodily functions with us, were you? Sorry, couldn't resist.

QUESTION: I keep reading all this stuff about the Silverstar bulbs, but what are they all about? How are they different than stock bulbs? What's the purpose of the upgrade? And....are these only recommended for folks with clear corners or any color corners?
Old 09-19-2006, 01:58 PM
SlappyGT
2nd Gear Member

Man, if I used these light bulbs to light my way to the crapper, I'd probably be dropping the Cosby kids off in the sink, let's put it that way.

The Silverstars use stock wattage, but burn brighter and whiter. I am a HUGE advocate of these bulbs, which is why it was driving me crazy that they weren't out when I bought my 'stang. The increase visibility at all times. Let me give you an example. With my Nokya bulbs, unless it's pitch-black out, I can't even tell that I have them on. And when it rains, it's like I'm driving with just my parking lights on. With the Silverstars, I could so much better at night, in the rain, and even at dusk I could see them on the road. I used to get people flashing their lights at me all the time because they're that white and bright. ***end infomercial***
Old 09-19-2006, 02:03 PM
PullMeOverRed05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mAnYsTyLeS

I have both the Luminics H13 and H10 Ultra white 5,150K bulbs that have a blue tint. I decided against going with these. They are unused.

If anyone wants to take them off my hands, I'll give em to you at a good price.. Just PM me.

Quick Reply: Silverstar bulbs are here