Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do I have the slowest GT?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 09:19 PM
Hiboost
2nd Gear Member

Default Do I have the slowest GT?

My car only ran a 14.0 in Memphis with the Airaid and SLP Powerflos. At Bryon, IL, it ran a 13.7 with Bamachips SCT Tune and BMR LCAs. It ran a 13.4 today after the install of the Bassani SS X-pipe. There was a guy there with a stock 06 running a 13.6 with a better 60ft time than me. Another one there had ran 13.8 stock. Whats the deal? I let the car sit and cool completely before runs. The 06 had the same 18" wheels as me also.

BTW, I got one run in today before the hood KO'd my windshield.
Old 09-16-2006, 09:24 PM
eric.sd

Default RE: Do I have the slowest GT?

Manual Trans?
Old 09-16-2006, 09:26 PM
Hiboost
2nd Gear Member

Yes, 5 spd. See sig for upgrades.
Old 09-16-2006, 10:00 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

Your hood fell off???????? Anything to do with the hood struts?
Old 09-16-2006, 10:04 PM
Hiboost
2nd Gear Member

No, the wind blew my hood into the windshield. The struts did not add/subtract from the incident.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:47 PM
Sonic Boom NH
2nd Gear Member

Generally, for every 0.1 second decrease in your 60' time will equal about 0.2 in the 1/4 mile. Example, 60' time = 2.00 and 1/4 mile = 14.0, if you get a 60' time of 1.8 you could get a 1/4 time of approx. 13.6.

Another good idea for getting a good time is to stage shallow and not deep. You have the two yellow staging lights on the tree. When you stage shallow you pull up and light the first yellow (this is a warning light to be prepared for the staging light which is the second yellow light), then you continue to pull up very slowly to just barely light the second yellow light (staging light), as soon as you see the second yellow light up STOP.

Staging deep is the opposite, you would pull up and light the first yellow and continue to light the second yellow and keep going until you seen the first yellow light go out.

The second yellow light is the staging light. When it goes out, when the tree starts up for a race, it starts the timer. Since you’re shallow staging you have about 12” – 15”of extra space to get going. Shallow staging can get you about 0.15 to 0.25 in the ¼ mile. If you want your best ¼ mile time shallow stage.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:57 PM
Hiboost
2nd Gear Member

I stage right when the second set of lights come on.
Old 09-17-2006, 12:04 AM
Sonic Boom NH
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Hiboost

I stage right when the second set of lights come on.
I understand, but you want to very slowly creep up after you light the first yellow, creep up very slowly until the second yellow and stop just as it comes on. You can actually drive another 12" or so after you light the second yellow and you DON'T want to drive any further then you have to just after lighting the second yellow.
Old 09-17-2006, 12:04 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sonic Boom NH

Generally, for every 0.1 second decrease in your 60' time will equal about 0.2 in the 1/4 mile. Example, 60' time = 2.00 and 1/4 mile = 14.0, if you get a 60' time of 1.8 you could get a 1/4 time of approx. 13.6.

Another good idea for getting a good time is to stage shallow and not deep. You have the two yellow staging lights on the tree. When you stage shallow you pull up and light the first yellow (this is a warning light to be prepared for the staging light which is the second yellow light), then you continue to pull up very slowly to just barely light the second yellow light (staging light), as soon as you see the second yellow light up STOP.

Staging deep is the opposite, you would pull up and light the first yellow and continue to light the second yellow and keep going until you seen the first yellow light go out.

The second yellow light is the staging light. When it goes out, when the tree starts up for a race, it starts the timer. Since you’re shallow staging you have about 12” – 15”of extra space to get going. Shallow staging can get you about 0.15 to 0.25 in the ¼ mile. If you want your best ¼ mile time shallow stage.
Sonic, is that accurate or was that just some numbers you pulled off the top of your head? Im wondering whether your numbers are right and my runs are screwed up cause Im doing something wrong?
Old 09-17-2006, 12:07 AM
Sonic Boom NH
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

ORIGINAL: Sonic Boom NH

Sonic, is that accurate or was that just some numbers you pulled off the top of your head? Im wondering whether your numbers are right and my runs are screwed up cause Im doing something wrong?
No, please don't take them as fact, just arbitrary numbers for an example. It may not be quite 0.2 for ever 0.1 off your 60’ time, its just a “general” rule of thumb…

Quick Reply: Do I have the slowest GT?