Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roush rear springs

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 08:05 PM
blaven
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Roush rear springs

Got my springs installed today and i am pretty impressed. The Roush's lowered the back perfectly to take care of the 4x4 look from the factory. I'm not the best working around cars but the install was pretty easy. Glad i decided to do it myself rather than take it to a shop and have to pay. Also the factory springs i took out looked kinda crooked, dunno if it was just me or not. Also when i got the springs out the rubber seal on the passenger's side was all crumpled down flat and not up around the plastic part completely. Gotta love the factory
Old 09-20-2006, 08:11 PM
CrazyHorse0217
2nd Gear Member

Does anyone know if the new springs throw the camber off, and if so can the dealership fix this with a standard alignment?
Old 09-20-2006, 09:16 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

I dont understand why you need to do anything from inside the car. Take the bolt off the shock on the bottom, let the jack down that you should have putting pressure on the axle and wala, pull the spring out, replace, jack back up to put the bolt back into the lower shock.

Rear springs should not effect alignement. At least not with mine.

Stage3 motorsports is where I got mine
http://stage3motorsports.zoovy.com/product/401295
125 not bad
Old 09-20-2006, 11:02 PM
blaven
3rd Gear Member

Yeah i agree take the bottom bolts off the shocks instead of the one inside the trunk they would have been alot easier to get instead of cramming myself in the trunk with 2 wrench's but it always takes you doing the job the first time yourself to find an easier way to do it next time. And yeah the rear springs don't mess up the alignment at all. I made sure to place the end of the coil in the same position as the stock ones to avoid anything being off.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:10 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

Personally, I found it a lot easier to loosen the top bolts on the shocks. It's easier to replace the shock into the upper mount than the lower one--at least in my opinion, though either method would work.

Altering the rear springs does NOT affect the alignment/camber of the car. Of course, fooling with the front springs does.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:39 PM
kosh

can anyone tell me how the ride quality is w/just rear springs? Some people say you should change the shocks/struts because they are valved for factory specs.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:13 PM
blaven
3rd Gear Member

I'm gonna take mine out for a ride today so i'll post back my findings but i'm sure it is nothing really noticible.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:59 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

You'll be happy with it. Hardly noticeable. Will get rid of the springyness when shifting hard. Too much butt movement when shifting between gears
Old 09-21-2006, 09:38 PM
blaven
3rd Gear Member

Well i got a chance to take a ride today with the new springs. Went about 30ish miles and nothing fell off so i guess i put everything back the way it was supposed to be But in all seriousness i got on it a few times at stop lights on the highway and the back does not go down nearly as much as it did with the stock ones. That is really the only thing i could notice compared to stock. Other than that they got a good work out on the horrible roads here in PA [:@]
Old 09-22-2006, 09:17 AM
CrazyHorse0217
2nd Gear Member

Without going into a lot of detail, changing the shocks also changes the pinion gear and drive shaft angle. To correct this, you will need an adjustable LCA and possibly a panhard bar. For details, do a search on shocks or whatever gets you there. There has been a lot of good info posted here.

After a lot of reading, it seems that since the Roush springs only lower the rear 1", you are not going to cause immediate damage to the rear end, but over the long haul it could.

Just thought I would pass that along to everyone so that everyone can do their own homework. I wanted the springs myself, but not that bad, so I'm gonna pass for now because to get all of the parts, and have them adjusted correctly, you need a good installer and a few more bucks than the original $124.00 for the springs.

Of course, the LCA and panhard bar offer their own benefits with launches and handling.

Quick Reply: Roush rear springs