Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stealership voided my tire and suspension warranty

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 10:29 AM
555*
3rd Gear Member

Default Stealership voided my tire and suspension warranty

As the title reads. I took my car in for them to fix the popping in the front TSB. They fixed it and they installed my front sportline springs for free since I had my rear ones in already. Well when I left I looked at the reciept and it said that the warranty was voided for suspension and tire. WTF? can they legally do this? He just told me they wouldn't warranty the springs which if fine with me since Its an aftermarket part. But voiding my whole suspension and tire warranty...? Can I do anything about this? Or....
Old 09-20-2006, 10:40 AM
Archion
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Stealership voided my tire and suspension warranty

You may want to look through here

Warranty Info!!

They would have to prove that the new equipment actually caused the problem.'

If he wants to be an *** print a copy of the article and go straight to the Service Manager/VP, whatever they are calling him, that should get his attn.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:47 AM
555*
3rd Gear Member

Yes thank you I have already read the warranty info topic and I know all about it however Ive never heard of an actual dealer putting on the reciept WARRANTY VOIDED.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:01 AM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

Here's what really sucks about the whole thing...... They can do whatever they want, and to really enforce it, ya gotta hire a lawyer. Most of the time, they want $ upfront, and when you do back them to the wall, they change their minds, say.......... "hey it's OK now, we'll cover your car", and then ya got to pay the lawyer outta your pocket.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:05 AM
555*
3rd Gear Member

Yeah see thats what I'm kinda wondering. Am I already screwed? I know I can call the complaint center thing but usually I hear of people doing that if they are refused work not if the dealership actually voided a portion of warranty.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:21 AM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

Given FORD's financial situation, the Stealers have probably been told to "cut costs" wherever they can, and an excuse to get out of warranty work is a start.

No doubt,.. if that is on your reciept, it's in the system's computor under your vin, so all other Stealers will "blackball" you.
Try the complaint center, hope it works out, but, they'll probably just BS you.

The other problem is the fact that maybe 60% of 05-06 Mustangs are modded with '07 following (guessing at the number) The "number crunchers" at FORD, read the mags, peruse this Forum etc. When they see and hear this stuff, they say "hey, we didn't build it like that, why should we warrant it?" "We're broke as it is !"

Anyway they can stay away from warranty work and save $, they're gonna do it.

It ain't right, but, they'll do it, and probably succeed. Again, it SUCKS, but what can we do ?

JMO
Old 09-20-2006, 12:33 PM
Booster
I ♥ Acer

[sm=icon_rtfm.gif]

You should have read your owners manual. It specifically states that if you alter the suspension you can void the warranty. Now as far as the tires, that's up to the tire manufacturer and not the dealership.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:53 PM
CainMotorsports2102
3rd Gear Member

suspension warranty itself is very narrow anyways. they are all wearable parts. I mean you obviously know the springs arent covered, and surely you udnerstand that now the shocks and sttruts are not covered? other than that, its all powertrain and steering components...in which case they would have to prove the parts you installed caused whichever failure..i wouldnt worry about it too much.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:04 PM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

Dealerships cannot void warranties as they don't offer warranties. Ford can deny warranty claims if they determine the aftermarket part caused the repair. More than likely the service dept manually typed that "warranty voided" part into your repair invoice so that you could not bring the car back in two weeks with a problem looking to get the labor covered for free. I can tell you right now that Ford would not pay the dealer's labor claim when aftermarket parts are involved. The labor is what the dealers care about the most.

Regardless of what the repair invoice says, your warranty is not actually voided unless the aftermarket part caused the failure of another component.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:24 PM
BigNasty06
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Booster

You should have read your owners manual. It specifically states that if you alter the suspension you can void the warranty. Now as far as the tires, that's up to the tire manufacturer and not the dealership.
Not if he opted to purchase the additional tire and wheel warranty through Ford. Which SUPPOSEDLY cover any wheel and any tire withing your warranty period.