Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some POS Keyed My Car!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 09:28 AM
madmike
1st Gear Member

Default Some POS Keyed My Car!!!

Took the Mustang to work yesterday since the weather was good. Parked it in BFE as usual. After work I went to fill it with gas and noticed two sctatches, one on top of the drivers side fender above the gas tank fill point and one across the trunk, both about 2 inches long! I can't believe it!!! What dickless POS would do something like that to your car? If I EVER catch someone doing that, well, I'll be in jail and they will be in the hospital!!!! Sorry about the raving, had to get this off my chest.

MAD and Pi**ed OFF Mike
Old 09-21-2006, 09:34 AM
gt7er
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Some POS Keyed My Car!!!

sorry man that sucks...i can only imagine how crappy that feels...im always afraid tahts gonna happen to me...
Old 09-21-2006, 10:01 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

What kind of job do you have? How old are you and is there anyone you work with that doesn't like you? Most likely it's someone you know.

Any X-girlfriends that hate you?
Old 09-21-2006, 10:06 AM
slowryde45
1st Gear Member

I feel your pain, brother. I had the same thing done to mine last month.

Except when they did mine, they started from the passenger side rear and keyed all the way up the side almost to the end of the front fender.

I would have served the time for assault and battery, etc. - if I could have caught whoever it was in the act.

Luckily for me, about 6 hours of washing, polishing, buffing, waxing - and then having a shop wet sand the rest out with some very fine grade, took the rest of what you could see right out. I went ahead and clayed the car afterwards in prep for the paint shop to lay about 6 coats of clear coat on it next.

Not that it will prevent them from keying it again, but maybe it will take a little more abuse, without showing it. Good luck on yours.

I still park out in the sticks, double parked across 2 spots, to isolate it from dings, etc. But then again, you know that when you do that, the punks will zero right in on you, because they'll think that you're trying to be better than everyone else's car by doing that. Can't win, either way. The guy at the shop told me that to help himself get over the inevitable....he went out on day 2 or 3 of having his new ride, and keyed it himself----now that's bawls![sm=jawdrop.gif]
Old 09-21-2006, 11:32 AM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

It seems like we get a post in here about once a month from some poor sod who got his car keyed!

Most of them happed at work.

The rest, pretty much happened at a Mall, theatre or parked in the street at their home.

I too, don't understand the mentatlity of people who do that crap - especially where they don't even know you!
Old 09-21-2006, 11:33 AM
Gman13
3rd Gear Member

Someone should come up with a sticker that looks like it's keyed that we could stick on the car when we park it all by itself. (sort of like those fake bullet holes) The the dumb a$$es would look at it and think it's already keyed and maybe just laugh and move on... meanwhile it would be us laughing

Sorry for your loss
Old 09-21-2006, 12:01 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Professor Wizard

It seems like we get a post in here about once a month from some poor sod who got his car keyed!

I too, don't understand the mentatlity of people who do that crap - especially where they don't even know you!
I would guess the ones that get keyed by people who don't know them are because they took up more than one parking spot. I would still guess it's someone they know. Most likely a young person who doesn't like them so they take it out on their car.

I've never had a car keyed, but my wife had her old Nissan hardbody keyed all the way down the drivers side, luckily the paint was allready shot to ****. Seems kind of ignorant to key a car with a bad paint job. My wifes was keyed by someone she knows, atleast we are pretty sure.

Your best bet at work is to park in a highly visible area where no one can park or would park next to you. Don't take two spots or park diagonally. It's illegal first of all and sorry, but it does make you look like a *****!

Old 09-21-2006, 12:36 PM
Booster
I ♥ Acer

I agree with the 2 parking space. Parking it out in bf egypt and only using once space is far better than taking up two spaces. The way you drive has a way of attracting these in-breds. If you cut people off, don't use your signals, etc. etc, they will follow you and wait for you to park and then nail your car. If you drive like a butthead in the parking lot at work, they'll pay you back for that as well.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:53 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Gman13, that is pure genious and am honestly coming up with an idea to make something in the vicinity of looking like my car is keyed.

My car has also been keyed $2,700 worth of damage, all paid by the person that chose to be an idiot and get caught pretty much in the act.

I think i'm going to search for a white paste of some sort that you can easily remove off of your car with a towel and do that whenever I park on both sides etc. but also that may invite people to make additions to your car, so i'm not sure it is the best idea but i'll think about it some more.

Sorry about your car madmike, her wounds will soon be healed. Jerks exist everywhere and consists of jealous people that are going no where in life or just plain don't care about anything.

-Jeff
Old 09-21-2006, 07:14 PM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

i know how you feel man. My Ex keyed my car while i was in ireland... it was parked RIGHT OUT FRONT OF MY HOUSE! brazen move on her part. but yeah, $500 deductable sucks going along with key stripes [:@]

Quick Reply: Some POS Keyed My Car!!!