Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What happened to me yesterday?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 02:33 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

Default RE: What happened to me yesterday?

Calm down bro...there were 3 huge NYC lanes...there's no way I was coming close to hitting anything at the speed I was going. If anything happened I would have blamed myself and only myself. I just wanted to know what exactly happened so I can be prepared for it next time. It was a simple question requiring a simple answer. You live and you learn!
Old 09-21-2006, 02:34 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Considering Infiniti is RWD I don't see where some of the comments are coming from. Older ones (pre G35 I don't know for certain but I would assume they are as well)
Old 09-21-2006, 02:36 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

=) I agree that the thread got too harsh, but people not realizing the limits and character of their cars get us all in trouble.

All in all, though, glad you got her back underneath you! Enjoy the RWD, you'll come to love that "out of control" sensation.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:41 PM
Gman13
3rd Gear Member

Just a suggestion... but next time wear a diaper and REALLY punch it... most fun you can have with your clothes on.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:43 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

[sm=gears.gif]
Old 09-21-2006, 02:44 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mAnYsTyLeS

[sm=gears.gif]
EXACTLY
Old 09-21-2006, 03:29 PM
Archion
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Derf00

Considering Infiniti is RWD I don't see where some of the comments are coming from. Older ones (pre G35 I don't know for certain but I would assume they are as well)
for the most part infiniti's are FWD, just rebadged Nissan's. Even if you had one of the few rwd models, they may have had decent horsepower, but lack torque, which is what breaks the wheel loose, and they also would be IRS which would also aid in high speed cornering.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:42 PM
jlpskydive
1st Gear Member

Just word of advice on the rear stear, practice with it it's a world of fun. If you watch rally racing they use it all the time as it is the fastest way to apex a tight corner. You will also hear about how bad the S197's understeer is and that a new rear swaybar is badly needed (at least I think so and have one sitting downstairs to install) A STIFFER REAR SWAYBAR WILL MAKE THIS REAR STEAR SITUATION WORSE FOR YOU!!! It will dial out some of the understear and be much less forgiving when that happens. So until you are used to the car don't fiddle with the suspention. Live learn and enjoy. BTW if you feel that the car is coming around on you and you want to correct it. Turn into the drift i.e. if the back end is coming around to your left turn the wheel left. DO NOT TRY THIS ON PUBLIC STREETS find a club that is having an autocross and join in and learn some things.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:56 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: Archion

for the most part infiniti's are FWD, just rebadged Nissan's. Even if you had one of the few rwd models, they may have had decent horsepower, but lack torque, which is what breaks the wheel loose, and they also would be IRS which would also aid in high speed cornering.
Older Infiniti's yes (G20, I20, M series etc). Newer Generation though are ALL RWD or AWD.

Any infiniti RWD has more torque than my V6 and even I can bust the rear loose without thinking about it in a corner.

That last part you are correct on. Solid axle sucks in the twisties or tight corners and is the main contributor to spin out/fish tail in corners.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:59 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

That last part you are correct on. Solid axle kicks *** at the drag-strip and is the main contributor to ridiculously intense amounts of having way too much fun.
Fixed that last bit for ya =)

Quick Reply: What happened to me yesterday?