Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! One of my brake lights is stuck on!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 10:24 PM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Help! One of my brake lights is stuck on!

Okay I know I'm bringing this thread out of retirement, and probably no one wants to see it again, but....

I'm headed back to the dealership tomorrow [:@] As I suspected, they didn't plug the right hole; it rained all day today, and I just ventured outside to give my carpet a check, and sure enough...damp. It was harder to tell this time, but got poking around inside of the access bay on the passenger-side panel (where the smart-box is, I've heard), and you can actually get under the carpetting in there and feel of the spongey stuff underneath. It definitely soaked up some water

Anyway, just thought I'd offer up the update, and the tip about checking to see if you've got the leak.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:15 PM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Help! One of my brake lights is stuck on!

Dealership #2, still nothing. This time I actually explained where I could feel the water, and they still told me they "couldn't reproduce. WTF!!!! I can show them the water, while I'm at the dealership! I checked again while I was there picking it up, and it was wet. So, now I get to go back there, try to put some pressure on them, and tell them I don't want it back until it's fixed, and I need alt. transportation until then. I'm not THAT smart of a guy, but why is it that every time I go to a dealship, I feel like I am God's gift to common sense and a little bit of investigation. [:@]

AirForceGeorge, any updates on your brake light issue? Sorry I've totally hijacked this thread, but at least somewhat on-topic [&:]