Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New NY Traffic Law enforcement

Old 09-24-2006, 12:15 PM
tmcmulli

Default RE: New NY Traffic Law enforcement

ORIGINAL: Country1969

As for Clinton, I like him. What he did was nobody's business. Only reason it came out was he was president. If it was you or me, no one would have cared. He was a better president than what we have today. He was and still is for the people. If he was still in office there would be no war. If you push someones buttons they will push back. I say let things go and we shall be safe. Let other countries deal with their own problems. We should worry about keeping americans from killing americans.
Actually, if you or I lie under oath, we go to jail...
And if anyone things the terrorists will leave us alone if we just stop, you don't understand the extremism we're dealing with. They TARGET non-military for a reason...That won't ever stop. Doesn't anyone feel funny when rogue nations would rather see a democrat in office???
Old 09-24-2006, 12:59 PM
siggy14
2nd Gear Member

yes lieing under oath is wrong, however it should have never gone that far, it was his personal life and should have stayed that way. As to presidents lieing under oath, everyone does, they take the oath of office, yet never do everything they promised.

As to the war on terroists, not sure how it should be handled, these people just have no respect for life. However Bush's John Wayne attitude just pissed them off more. I do believe we did the right thing invading Iraq, however i feel the screwed it up by not sending enough troups in, half a$$ed job.

ORIGINAL: tmcmulli

As for Clinton, I like him. What he did was nobody's business. Only reason it came out was he was president. If it was you or me, no one would have cared. He was a better president than what we have today. He was and still is for the people. If he was still in office there would be no war. If you push someones buttons they will push back. I say let things go and we shall be safe. Let other countries deal with their own problems. We should worry about keeping americans from killing americans.
Actually, if you or I lie under oath, we go to jail...
And if anyone things the terrorists will leave us alone if we just stop, you don't understand the extremism we're dealing with. They TARGET non-military for a reason...That won't ever stop. Doesn't anyone feel funny when rogue nations would rather see a democrat in office???
Old 09-24-2006, 05:32 PM
timothyrw
3rd Gear Member

I always said you can't find a cop when you need one. Some one breaks in your car or house and an car accident, they show up 20 minutes later.
I met a guy who said, "I used to think there were too many police, I dont' think that any more..."

That was after he was carjacked and the two teenagers who took it were arrested about 10mins later in his stolen car.

Everyone's experience in life is different, the important thing is to realize and remember that our own reality is not the entire and only reality.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:52 PM
timothyrw
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: siggy14

I see your point, but you have to understand most cops do not sit in small neighborhoods, they sit on highways etc.. looking for speeders. And the number of residents that call are small compared to how many voters are actually out there.
I don't know if I can agree with your first point. Certainly, most of what state troopers do is write speeding tickets. But, they are responsible for the highways, it is what they are there to do, it is their modus operandi, their reason for existence. But, you should also consider that in today's world there is a very important second purpose of their existence, that of interstate drug interdiction.

Also, if you would take the total number of officers on-duty in any state at any given time I would argue the number of officers running radar at any given moment would be a very, very small fraction of those responding to 911 calls, taking reports, conducting investigations, looking for wanted individuals, or like any job/organization, not doing anything at all... It is often a responsibility left to a traffic division.

Your second point I will agree with in part. While the number of residents complaining about speeding is in fact small compared to the total number of voters; the squeaky wheel gets the grease my friend. This small number of voters are the ones that are actually being heard because they are the few that take the time to be heard.

Anyone involved in local politics will tell you that there is generally a small number of neighborhood leaders or individuals who get 90% of the attention because they are the few that actually get involved and asked to be heard.
Old 09-24-2006, 06:30 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

[sm=headbang.gif][sm=headbang.gif][sm=headbang.gif]
Old 09-24-2006, 08:24 PM
06stangdreamin

ORIGINAL: Meph

ORIGINAL: yur1279
wow, dude, wake up. Your telling me the majorety of America cheat on their wives, smoke pot and listen to rock n roll??? If thats true, help us all. Also, in Germany is it alot harder/more expensive to get a license and if you break a law, you lose your car and don't drive for a while. If we had those laws here, 1st everyone would complain they are too tough, and our traffic problem woudl be solved since all the ******** we see on the road will no longer be there.
And speeding is a big problem here on LI. I think its crazy that I have to go over 80 in the left lane to keep the person behind me from goign through me, to then have them cut off the guy next to em and then cut me off. I will be the one that goes off the road and crashes and they will go on their way.
Actually he sounded pretty good. Tens of Millions of Americans smoke marijuana, it is just not as publically known/displayed as cigarettes for obvious reasons. But there are a lot of closet pot heads. And I mean A LOT of 'em. Not just college kids either.

Considering Rock and Roll also includes what we now call oldies in reality, they were at one time rock and roll. And Country music is getting closer and closer to have more rock and more hip hop flavor added to it. If you listen to today's country from what it was but only a few years ago you'd think it was two completely different genres. But still even those who enjoy Lynard Skynard take a listen to the Stones now and again.

Marriage. A sacred institution, right? More people divorce than stay married, and many of those are flat out because of cheating spouses. Or a better way of putting it... JERRY JERRY JERRY!

So yeah, Slick ***** pretty much represented what Americans are. We like loud music, we like drugs, and we like sinning. And ya know what? I'll enjoy every minute of it. I won't be in denial like most others.
Its lynyrd skynyrd and they rock just as hard as the stones, i don't get what your saying. [&:]