Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new suspension= lots of noise, help plz

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 01:19 PM
|UCF|chron
2nd Gear Member

Default new suspension= lots of noise, help plz

i just recently had lower and upper control arms installed, as well as ford racing shocks and struts. my car is lowered about 1-1.5 inches, and has recently been aking some weird nioses. every time i go over a decent sized bump, or even a small bump too fast, the rear end makes a very loud clunk. when i took it back to the shop thy said that the noisewas my rear end hitting the mounts in the body of the car, and that i shouldnt be worried bc it isnt going to harm anything. i dont belevie him bc when i go over some pretty big bumps, it makes a pretty loud noise, and i know that cant be good. no i kno a lot of u guys lower ur cars, so do u have the same problem or is my car just ****ed up? any help would be awesome
Old 09-25-2006, 01:33 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Default RE: new suspension= lots of noise, help plz

ORIGINAL: |UCF|chron

i just recently had lower and upper control arms installed, as well as ford racing shocks and struts. my car is lowered about 1-1.5 inches, and has recently been aking some weird nioses. every time i go over a decent sized bump, or even a small bump too fast, the rear end makes a very loud clunk. when i took it back to the shop thy said that the noisewas my rear end hitting the mounts in the body of the car, and that i shouldnt be worried bc it isnt going to harm anything. i dont belevie him bc when i go over some pretty big bumps, it makes a pretty loud noise, and i know that cant be good. no i kno a lot of u guys lower ur cars, so do u have the same problem or is my car just ****ed up? any help would be awesome
I have no idea what could be wrong with it but yeah thats definately not good. Ive never heard any of the lowered guys say anything about this... and the roads near school arent that great and those parking garage speed bumps suck.. I swear Im gonna rub when I go over them.. Im pretty sure once I get lowered Ill have to park in the lots cause I wont be able to clear them. And damn lol.. gotta love that avatar.

BTW, what color Stang you drive? I havent really seen many s197s around.. about 3 actually..

I gotta leave pretty soon.. got class at 130 [:'(]
Old 09-25-2006, 01:44 PM
|UCF|chron
2nd Gear Member

i have a redfire stang with duals. ive seen a couple around hear, theres a really nice black gt in the towers parking garage with a hood scoop and chin scpoiler and chrom bullits. but yea, i dnno what the deal is with the noise, the bumpstops maybe, i dunno.
lol, i have class at 6
Old 09-25-2006, 01:53 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Yeah lol, never seen yours.. probably because Im not in the towers and youre probably never drivin around while Im there lol. I have seen a yellow V6 and a white GT that frequently park in the north and east garages though (those are the 2 I use [8D]) and a black v6 that I see driving every now and then. Ive parked beside the white GT a few times but its always there when I get back, so they probably havent even seen mine... There isnt many of us on campus though, its mainly all hondas and stuff.. which is a good thing I suppose lol. Im just glad Im the only Satin around

I have heard people mention that they shaved their bumpstops so if you didnt do that then it could be the problem... not sure if it would cause the type of sound youre describing, but its worth looking into.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:06 AM
PonyGT2005
2nd Gear Member

Do a search...I can't remember who but someone in the last 6 months had the same issue and I believe it was the rear springs were not seated properly.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:42 AM
MBDiagMan
3rd Gear Member

You won't find a squeek, rattle or vibration answer on a car enthusiast forum. The ONLY way to find the answer is to "get out and get under." Raise the car safely and use the 4 P's; Push, Pull, Pry and Prod on everything underneath the car in the area where you here the noise until you locate the looseness which is the source of the noise and then correct it.

Good luck.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:29 PM
Herknav
3rd Gear Member

The LCAs, are they spherical ends?
Old 09-27-2006, 12:46 AM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Herknav

The LCAs, are they spherical ends?

Yeah what control arms did you get??

Also i would suggest for the bottoming out to have the very top **** cut off of the bumpstop this will give the suspension a bit more travel and will help prevent the bottoming out.

Richard
Old 09-27-2006, 01:10 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

if you bought racing LCA's they are a lot noiser than stock and supposed to be... its the scrufice of performance!
Old 09-27-2006, 03:50 AM
|UCF|chron
2nd Gear Member

this is what i purchased http://powerhouse411.com/catalog/ind...products_id=59
ill have the shop check my springs, bc thats what i have been reading too, so maybe that could be it? but i had my car lowered b4 the lca install and it wasnt makeing the noise, so i dunno

Quick Reply: new suspension= lots of noise, help plz