Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang handeling

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 01:21 PM
gregariousgreg
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang handeling

ORIGINAL: hottymustang

^^ Actually, RWD cars are the best for drifting. Thats why they use the Mustang, and some of the older Japanese cars since they are RWD also.
+1, a Fwd car can't really drift unless you're pulling the ebrake, which is considered kind of a cheap move in drifting. Every car in pro drifting is either RWD or AWD with a heavily rear wheel biased system. One of the better known cars in drifting is an s197 mustang (its blue and green, with a TT setup if I remember correctly).

I'm not a huge fan of drifting myself, but I have some friends who are way into it.

Just don't practice that crap on the street. Find an empty parking lot or something. The other people on the road didn't exaclty sign a waiver saying they were willing do avoid your *** coming around a corner sideways at 90mph. :P Sounds like you know that though.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:05 PM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BAMFstang

I didn't say that you couldn't drift in a Mustang, I said that's not what they are for.

FWD cars are better suited for that if your into that type of thing.

Are you living in 1969? [&:]
Old 09-27-2006, 02:10 PM
555*
3rd Gear Member

Does your dad know your drifting in his 350z? I'd beat the **** out of my kid if I knew he was tearing up my stuff.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:40 PM
TheNewMustangOwner

Ok listen to make this clear rear wheel drive works best for drifting, next did anyone here watch the championships cause i recall seeing a few stangs in the past. Yes the Nissan is better for it but guess what this SPOILED RICH KID knows how to drive and thats all thats important when it comes to the strip. Next if we are not going to give advice and help please dont post its useless so stop acting like a little kid saying you shouldn't do this, i know what i want to do and i am going to do it, and this car can drift weather you like it or not. So please advice here on out and not debating on if you can or can not. P.S. Next time a Nissan wants to argue that he can take the corners while i am in the stang i will have hit head stareing at my tail lights the entire way through the turn. and KtownGT dude where do you come from what did spoiled rich kid have to do with any of this i work every day of my da*n life to pay for the stuff i do to my car thanks.

And yes he knows i helped put the stuff on that car, he is aware i do it and he doesn't like it but atleast i am safe about it. As far as the street goes just hope i am not around you so lets just hear talk about the handeling now please thanks for the info
Old 09-27-2006, 02:55 PM
555*
3rd Gear Member

Ok after reading you sig, and hearing you talk about tearing your dads car up and then trying to tell us you are gods gift to driftorz(yes exaggeration, I know) I'm assuming he came to the same "spoiled rich kid" conclusion I have. Woooow you pay for your mods, woopty do. Trying paying for your insurance, mods, and car payments then tell us your not spoiled. I will admit I am very jealous, I wish someone would buy me a free car, it would be awesome.

Anyways, as said above a beefy *** sway bar, some slick hard compound rear tires and probably a little more power than stock to get the tires to light up a bit easier. CAI, headers and some pulleys should do the trick I would think.

*Nice ninja edit there. If your dad knows your beating his stuff up then hes an idiot too, as we could tell by buying his kid a new mustang. Where are the parent heads at these days.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:26 PM
BAMFstang
3rd Gear Member

OK, In stand corrected.

I thought FWD cars were better for that.

Oh well, I don't really get the whole drifting thing anyway.

I like real racing....1/4 mile at at time.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:39 PM
Archion
4th Gear Member

Start here ... Ken Gushi

Then go here .... Drifting dot com

And I say again.... Google is a powerful thing when used properly
Old 09-27-2006, 05:14 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I bet you ask anyone in prison why they did it and they'll say the same thing. "I knew what I wanted to do and I did it!"

ORIGINAL: TheNewMustangOwner

Ok listen to make this clear rear wheel drive works best for drifting, next did anyone here watch the championships cause i recall seeing a few stangs in the past. Yes the Nissan is better for it but guess what this SPOILED RICH KID knows how to drive and thats all thats important when it comes to the strip. Next if we are not going to give advice and help please dont post its useless so stop acting like a little kid saying you shouldn't do this, i know what i want to do and i am going to do it, and this car can drift weather you like it or not. So please advice here on out and not debating on if you can or can not. P.S. Next time a Nissan wants to argue that he can take the corners while i am in the stang i will have hit head stareing at my tail lights the entire way through the turn. and KtownGT dude where do you come from what did spoiled rich kid have to do with any of this i work every day of my da*n life to pay for the stuff i do to my car thanks.

And yes he knows i helped put the stuff on that car, he is aware i do it and he doesn't like it but atleast i am safe about it. As far as the street goes just hope i am not around you so lets just hear talk about the handeling now please thanks for the info
Old 09-27-2006, 05:17 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 555*
Where are the parent heads at these days.
Up their kid's asses!
Old 09-27-2006, 06:28 PM
TheNewMustangOwner

OK look you wanna believe it or not i pay FOR EVERYTHING ON THE STANG THE NISSAN WAS SPILT CAN WE GET OFF THIS MY ISURENCE IS INSANE AND AND SO IS THE PAYMENT, BUT THAT IS NOT WHAT THIS FORUM IS ABOUT AND I NEVER SAID I WAS A GOOD DRIFTER I WANTED TO KNOW HOW TO MAKE MY STANG A DRIFTER whatever i am askin the wrong people obviously i will ask someone else peace this fourm is done

Quick Reply: Mustang handeling