Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CAIs and Throttle lag (review)

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 12:27 PM
555*
3rd Gear Member

Default CAIs and Throttle lag (review)

As we all know our cars have massive throttle lag (i.e. flooring it and the car having to think for a second or so before down shifting or accelerating). Ive read about 80 topics on here about how CAI and a tune will get rid of or severly deplete the amount. Well I'm always a sceptic when it comes to what I read so I figured it was worth it either way to see if it did actually get rid of the lag (the hp increase was a nice bonus too haha).

It def made a difference when it comes to accelerating and shift firmness. I have no problem barking the tires in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd now when I def didn't have that issue before. Acceleration from first is excellent, Almost feels like its trying to put you in the back seat, puts a smile on my face. HOWEVER, the lag is as pronounced as it was before. I'm driving an automatic so I can't speak for the manual guys but its is def still there(I guess to be expected with an auto???). With all the jive about the tunes and CAIs getting rid of this problem I thought it would actually get rid of it. It stands unchanged so far. If I floor it from a stop it thinks for a second before it decides to go, and it will go believe me haha. All in all I'm very happy with it but very dissapointed the lag still exists. Was it worth the money?, I'm more sound(which it sounds very good at WOT) and looks and while the peppiness is there(I dont' get to use it much anyways with traffic and cops everywhere where I live) and I do enjoy knowing that in case I need it, I have it, I don't think it was worth all the money to be honest to me!!!. But its def worth it if your really trying to squeeze as much out as possible in a N/A application or get the oppurtunity to get on it often.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:33 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: CAIs and Throttle lag (review)

In order for you to get rid of the lag with the auto, you will have to use a custom tune where they can access parameters that the end user can not.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:14 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MusiccityGT

In order for you to get rid of the lag with the auto, you will have to use a custom tune where they can access parameters that the end user can not.
Isn't the Brenspeed Tune with CAI suppose to address this issue?

Richard
Old 09-27-2006, 03:11 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Hmmm ... my understanding was that the custom tunes included by Evo, Brenspeed, etc ..... did remove the lag ...
Old 09-27-2006, 03:51 PM
Meph
2nd Gear Member

I can't speak for the auto. But my manual... night and day difference. You see an instant and quite drastic throttle response from a quality tune. Mine being from Brenspeed, 93oct.