Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW refreshed (facelift) MUSTANG spotted!!!! Real thing

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 12:48 PM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

Default RE: NEW redesigned MUSTANG spotted!!!! Real thing

Looks like a shelby with down syndrome. Glad I bought an 06. But I am intrested to see what they do about the motor and suspension. Maybe they will even find a way to drop some weight, but thats unlikey.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:55 PM
Virgule
2nd Gear Member

I don't care what it looks like on the outside. I just wanna know if it has an IRS, because that will drive my decision to trade up.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:57 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

They don't know how to get them smooth or paint them; something that's been done for 20years now in the industry. UGH!!!
Old 09-29-2006, 01:00 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

If Ford goes with this design, I think COLOR will be a big factor for me on whether or not I would buy one (as an add'l vehicle). Granted, other factors like HP and engine availability are also considerations. I think a 2009 Boss edition sporting a 400+hp N/A 5.4L would be sweet. Ford, are you listening??? Build this for me, and I WILL buy it!!!
Old 09-29-2006, 01:03 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Not everyone wants 20 inch wheels and tires, nor do they want to scrap the ground when they go over bumps.

ORIGINAL: cekim

Whoever is responsible for the changes in the wheel choice and spacing between concept and production at ford should be spanked...

They look great at SEMA and Detroit, but by the time they hit the lot it looks like someone jacked them up for "mudd'n" and replaced the wheels with something just short of square blocks...

If BMW and Porsche can ship cars with correct tire/wheel sizing and spacing to the fender - Ford can too! (ok, maybe they can't... )
Old 09-29-2006, 01:42 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

All I can say is Ill be sticking with my 06. That thing seriously looks like a Shelby on crack.. its FUGLY IMO. If they do something with the engine, Id be more inclined to snag an engine and pop it into my 06 than to buy one of those. WTF is up with the curved *** front? Are they trying to make up for the brick we have now? It looks like some wierd mutation of our car, where they tried to make it more streamlined.. The sides look more like the sn95 than ours.. wonder what the rear end looks like.. bet it looks like the new eclipses! [&:]
Old 09-29-2006, 01:57 PM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

I'm sorry for the topic title, this is most likely the REFRESH planned for 09. I like the way it looks, It's more menacing. I just keep wishing they would put in that damn rear fender hump.
Old 09-29-2006, 02:02 PM
CainMotorsports2102
3rd Gear Member

looks like its frowning
Old 09-29-2006, 02:05 PM
DragonPL
3rd Gear Member

Looks like the 2005 concept
http://image24.webshots.com/25/0/63/...4OPuVSr_ph.jpg
Old 09-29-2006, 02:10 PM
cekim
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang
ORIGINAL: cekim
Whoever is responsible for the changes in the wheel choice and spacing between concept and production at ford should be spanked...
They look great at SEMA and Detroit, but by the time they hit the lot it looks like someone jacked them up for "mudd'n" and replaced the wheels with something just short of square blocks...
If BMW and Porsche can ship cars with correct tire/wheel sizing and spacing to the fender - Ford can too! (ok, maybe they can't... )
Not everyone wants 20 inch wheels and tires, nor do they want to scrap the ground when they go over bumps.
Well, there is quite a chasm between that and how this car ships...

As a demonstration - notice the number of people lowering the car by 1-1.5". The only reason I did not do that the day I bought the car is shipping time for the springs...

I don't want to ride on the stops either, but as demonstrated by the aforementioned cars, you don't have to have it look like a truck to accomplish that...

I don't care for 20's either - it is more an issue of visible wheel well clearance...

Quick Reply: NEW refreshed (facelift) MUSTANG spotted!!!! Real thing