Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SCT Tuner on an 07 GT

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 06:01 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

Default SCT Tuner on an 07 GT

Im sorry guys if this is a repeat post, I just didnt want to go through pages and pages to find if this has been posted...................question...........

Anyone installed an SCT Tuner on an 07 4.6 GT 5-speed????? Im hearing different things about the SCT specifically and I am going to pick mine up this weekend. Anything to be concerned about or should it work as good on an 07 as it did on my son's 02????

Need tech input here.

thanks
Old 10-02-2006, 10:35 AM
Johnnie D
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: SCT Tuner on an 07 GT

not sure what you hear but i have one on mine tunned by brennspeed and i love it. everything works fine. what did you hear for problems?
Old 10-02-2006, 01:56 PM
Ruffnuts
2nd Gear Member

I also have an SCT with Brenspeed tune and it works awesome.
Old 10-02-2006, 06:52 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

I have heard that it can throw codes that can hurt the engine but I have no clue how accurate that is. I was just wondering if it was possible that incorrect canned programming would cause various problems, I just dont know. My son has one in his 02 GT 4.6 and has no problems but with my 07 being so new I didnt want to take the chance. There is an SCT dealer here where I live. Is it safe to assume if my stang throws out codes, it falls back on the programmer???? Just need to be prepared.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:54 AM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

I just ordered my stuff from Brenspeed and its all greek to me. (No offence to any of my Greek friends out there.) Im not sure what to expect but from what i hear around here it's all in the tune. Im looking forward to learning something new with my 07 Stang. I have Only had the old school (60's type) cars so it should be fun. Just dont over do it......
Old 10-03-2006, 01:39 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

I wouldnt buy one off of ebay or anything, because people are right, its all about the tune. The canned tunes arent much and a custom one is much better. Brent is awesome tuner, one of SCT's top 10 tuners in the country. The SCT is great and it wont throw any codes. It will however give you more hp, decrease throttle lag (ALOT) and improve overall performance. If it does happen to throw any codes, you should be able to just return your cars tune to stock and then return the tuner or at least have a custom tuner fix it.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:00 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

I wouldnt buy one off of ebay or anything, because people are right, its all about the tune. The canned tunes arent much and a custom one is much better. Brent is awesome tuner, one of SCT's top 10 tuners in the country. The SCT is great and it wont throw any codes. It will however give you more hp, decrease throttle lag (ALOT) and improve overall performance. If it does happen to throw any codes, you should be able to just return your cars tune to stock and then return the tuner or at least have a custom tuner fix it.
The trottle lag is killing me right now so that is what Im really hoping to improve until I can get my CAI and headers purchased. You guys have answered my questions, thank you soooooooooooooo much!!!! The guy who sells SCT here is a "custom tuner" so we will see what he can do for me! Wish me luck.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:25 PM
Warlok
2nd Gear Member

You wont need any luck sir, I have had the set up on my 07 GT 5 speed and it has transformed the car into a monster! No problems except for not being able to get out of the car due to having so much more fun now!!! The lag you described, will be gone and then some. You will be grinning ear to ear the second you hit the gas at idle! I promise, no problem.

Old 10-04-2006, 11:04 PM
blaven
3rd Gear Member

I got one for my 07 not to long after i picked it up. I have had no problems with mine at all with about 100 miles on it. I just returned it to stock and put the 93 tune back in just to make sure i am getting the full tune and its not getting used to my driving and adjusting it back to normal.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:06 PM
Gig4Fun
1st Gear Member

'07 STICK SCT product if fine.

'07 Auto is not done yet. (I heard two weeks yet for this one.)

Quick Reply: SCT Tuner on an 07 GT