Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I couldn't believe my eyes!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 04:17 PM
shaner

Default I couldn't believe my eyes!!!

About an hour ago, I pulled into one of those self car wash things to use the vacuum for my carpet and floor mats. About 30 seconds after I pull in, the GF taps me on the shoulder and points to a car that was just pulling in. It was a brand new Mustang GT. It was beautiful and looked to be only days old (if that). He must have hit a puddle or something because the passenger side was overly dirty.

He pulled into the car wash to wash it off. I wasn't really paying attention to him after that, but then my GF got my attention again and said "should he be using that thing?" I looked and almost passed out. He was using the brush to scrub the dirt off his car. At this car wash, the brush is very, very coarse and is definitely not good for the paint. I used to use it on my old car (Sunfire) because I just didn't care.

I almost felt like walking up to him and asking him what he was thinking, but I decided against it. It's his car, if he wants to ruin the paint, that's his business.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:18 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Default RE: I couldn't believe my eyes!!!

I often wonder why people drive through the drive-thru car washes..those are WORSE! The touchless ones don't get all the crap off either so those are worthless as well.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:21 PM
MR.Mustang
2nd Gear Member

I saw the same thing near my home: an older guy scrubbing his yellow mustang GT with the foaming brush that is intended for the rims/tires. This was in early 05 when they just came out. I was shaking my head in disbelief.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:22 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

Du mass! One born every minute. I won't take mine within a mile of a car wash!
Old 10-02-2006, 04:51 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

I saw a kid in the High School Parking lot with an awesome yellow 05 GT.... and he was talkign to a girl - She was SITTING ON THE HOOD and wearing those black jeans with chrome chains and buttons and crap all over them! I was thinking - WTF !!!!!!!,

No girl is sitting on MY car unles she is naked - and clean! - and no piercings on - and dayum HOT looking!
Old 10-02-2006, 05:14 PM
Fambaa
2nd Gear Member

Probably just a lease and he just doesnt give a shiz
Old 10-02-2006, 05:17 PM
stratjakt
2nd Gear Member

I saw a guy in a 05+ black on black gt vert out on the highway, top down. He was heading home from Home Depot. How do I know? He had about a half dozen pressure treated 2x6's wedged into the passenger seat, between the leather seats and door trim. The home depot "i got wood" flag was stapled to the end of the 2x6's.

It only costs 20 bucks to rent the home depot truck for a half hour..
Old 10-02-2006, 05:38 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

No mechanical anything (double-negative) will ever get close to my black paint... [sm=badidea.gif] this black beauty is hand-washed, polished, waxed, etc.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:46 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TPony

No mechanical anything (double-negative) will ever get close to my black paint... [sm=badidea.gif] this black beauty is hand-washed, polished, waxed, etc.
Echo, Echo, Echo...
Old 10-02-2006, 07:27 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I hope everyone in the South is wasing the lovebugs off within 24 hours. They can start causing permanent damage in a short time.

Quick Reply: I couldn't believe my eyes!!!