Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just about done with SEMA tubo kit

Old 10-04-2006, 02:19 AM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Just about done with SEMA tubo kit

ORIGINAL: Nichepi
" a turbo doesn't add heat to the exhaust system." How does a turbo which is moving hot exhaust gases not heat up metal tubing?
A turbo doesn't move exhaust gases, exhaust gases turn the turbo those same gases are already present without a turbo, the turbo doesn't make those gases any hotter which would be required to get the cats up to operating temp as far back as they are.

Edit: The cats would get hotter in the same location without the turbo as the exhaust gas would have less time to lose heat through conductive properties of the pipe.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:21 AM
Nichepi
3rd Gear Member

Ok your right and I'm wrong and we'll just go with that for now.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:22 AM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

That comment makes it sound like you are giving up on convicing me that a turbo adds heat to the system and you still believe it does....
Old 10-04-2006, 02:33 AM
Stang Skeleton
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nichepi

Well after 6 months of development and SEMA flying up fast I thought I would throw up some pics of the turbo kit I'll be showing off at SEMA this year. Anybody else going to sema or having a vehicle there?

Yeah, looking forward to attending SEMA this year. Will try to look for you car. Looks sweet!
Old 10-04-2006, 02:37 AM
Nichepi
3rd Gear Member

I wasn't posting to convince you to buy this product. I was posting because people like to see different things being done.
The cats had been installed really for the only reason that I have a close marketing friendship with the company that produces those cats.
Since you are correct in no turbo kit through the years by many companies has been produced to have a 50 state legal emissions standing it in essence does not matter where the cats are placed. Sensor eliminators could be included in a potential kit to combat computer issues along with diablosport tuning.
I do believe you are correct. And I don't see why I should "need" to convince you. You believe what you believe, it is an assumption but I'm going with you are an intelligent person. (?) So why do I "need" to convince you?
I respect your opinion and welcome it. If for some reason through product testing when the kit goes into production that placement of the cats has played some detrimental role in the product it will be evaluated and "tweaked".
For the most part I was just posting some pics in anticipation for sema and was not really ready to jump into the deep end on tech, I’m not the engineer of this product so I honestly would not be the authority to give you the end all answers to “why†the piping was designed the way it was. But I do welcome your comments. I'll brining up to my people. If you happen to be at SEMA please feel free to touch base with me and we can talk about it then. Perhaps I'll have some more answers that better meet your questions.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:39 AM
Nichepi
3rd Gear Member

I'll be up in the GT tires section. But will be working the Ford booth again this year. Feel free to stop by and look at the new tires being offered by GT tires as well as the body parts and the new prototype wiring system by MSD.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:54 AM
ANBAUTO
4th Gear Member

What booth number are you in? Ill be there with for work and my car will be in the konig wheels booth 42023
Old 10-04-2006, 10:40 AM
Nichepi
3rd Gear Member