Better mods for the money?? - Page 3 - MustangForums.com

Go Back  MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005-2014 Mustangs
Reload this Page >

Better mods for the money??

Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.

Better mods for the money??

Old 10-05-2006, 11:07 PM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Better mods for the money??

If you are still interested in the Evolution setup... they have it listed on Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 10-06-2006, 01:21 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: cryptic26djp

Dude... WTF are you talking about. Can you even read your own shiat? Most didnt bring what? WTF OVER?
You wrote, " If you get a supercharger you will have to take off and sell your cai because most s/c's bring their own intake." So is it most do or most dont? I can get "either a supercharger or cai". In normal english that is basically telling me that I can only have one or the other, right.

So, before you start rambling some stupid BS about me talking my *** off..... try reading your own **** first. Either that or at least write it in a more clear and precise manner so some of us can make sense out of it. Anyways.... lets go toss a couple back and consider this a mute topic now. I think we both understand what was meant now [sm=icon_cheers.gif]
Like I said Most superchargers, not all there is a difference between all and most. Most of the s/c's that you can use an intake with are the top mounted be it roots or twin screw. Most centrifugal ones bring their own intake. I am positive vortech or procharger sell more chargers than saleen do or roush to mount on a gt. Not talking about already mounted from them I mean selling to on a non saleen or roush mustang. Not to mention I always recommend the use of an intercooler always with a s/c setup which probably makes the cai you bought useless. I would love if you could also tell me how I can use the c&L with an intercooled supercharger.

Att. Andrew
Old 10-06-2006, 02:02 AM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

I am going with Saleen S/C. I know for a fact that the racer C&L will fit. Same with the combo that Brenspeed mentioned. Yes there is a difference between the words "most" and "all". That is why I recommended that you elaborate on your comments so they are not open-ended and misinterpreted.

Personally, I don’t care if Vortech or ProCharger sells more S/C that Roush, Saleen, and Whipple combined. Not even sure what that has to do with this topic. The comparison of roots or twin screw to centrifugal type superchargers is posted all over this site. My opinion is that there are probably more Vortech and ProCharger on the 5.0L motors than our 05-07 GTs.

To answer your last question. Go read up on the Saleen S/C and then you can answer for yourself.

Oh, and I never bought a CAI…that is why my signature block says COMING SOON. So I haven't "wasted" any money. But the point of this guy’s topic is not about a [email protected] S/C and which CAI is compatible with them. Enough said……
Old 10-06-2006, 05:15 AM
Remrats1234
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Arwing

CAI + tune

might be a little more than 550 though
+1
Old 10-06-2006, 07:21 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: cryptic26djp

I am going with Saleen S/C. I know for a fact that the racer C&L will fit. Same with the combo that Brenspeed mentioned. Yes there is a difference between the words "most" and "all". That is why I recommended that you elaborate on your comments so they are not open-ended and misinterpreted.

Personally, I don’t care if Vortech or ProCharger sells more S/C that Roush, Saleen, and Whipple combined. Not even sure what that has to do with this topic. The comparison of roots or twin screw to centrifugal type superchargers is posted all over this site. My opinion is that there are probably more Vortech and ProCharger on the 5.0L motors than our 05-07 GTs.

To answer your last question. Go read up on the Saleen S/C and then you can answer for yourself.

Oh, and I never bought a CAI…that is why my signature block says COMING SOON. So I haven't "wasted" any money. But the point of this guy’s topic is not about a [email protected] S/C and which CAI is compatible with them. Enough said……
Thanks for reproving my point. Since vortech and procharger sell more s/c than any of those then it is safe to say they are the "most" selled s/c so the cai won't fit with "most" s/c. Moving out of this topic asap.

Att. Andrew
Old 10-06-2006, 07:21 AM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

well I feel some of the first upgrades depends DIRECTLY on what direction you are wanting to go with your ride.
Me I knew I would be supercharging my car as soon as I could afford it. (thanks to a group buy a few months back it happen sooner then I wanted.. Oh darn it! lol) So a CAI 'could' have been a waste of money for me. (not to fuel the difference of opinions from above BUT he's talking $550 in upgrades NOT 10 times that for a low end (in price NOT power) Supercharger so whether a CAI fits on a S/C is a moot point!)
I felt that upgrading the suspension on our GT was a much needed upgrade. (I like the slot car stance and feel) I would MUCH rather leave a car behind in the twisties then play with someone light to light. But we each have our own agendas. I feel having more power and less control is a very bad thing in any car.
Good luck in your choice but please looking into what else you may want to do in the future and make sure what you do today will complement the mods you do tomorrow.. As it has been said once you start moddin' you never finish! lol
05SDI
Old 10-06-2006, 08:01 AM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

Point taken and I understand your thoughts and reason for sticking to your guns. However, this is an 05-07 portion of the forum and you are refering to something else. Not to mention that your post was in reference to the "coming soon" section of my signature block. Although what you are saying is true in a sense..... but the fact still remains you cannot compare 5.0L setups to 4.6L setups. I am aware that a CAI probably will never fit on a ProCharger and Vortech. Thanks for making sure I didnt buy some useless part. I will change my signature block to reference "Saleen S/C" so there are no other back and forth blogs like this.

[/quote]

Thanks for reproving my point. Since vortech and procharger sell more s/c than any of those then it is safe to say they are the "most" selled s/c so the cai won't fit with "most" s/c. Moving out of this topic asap.

Att. Andrew
[/quote]
Old 10-08-2006, 05:53 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

Erm I am talking about the 4.6 not a 5.0. Check all my posts they are all about 4.6. I moved away from 5.0's a long time ago. The point I made is still valid and it is still true. I was just giving you a heads up trying to help someone out. As you may know a lot of people mod this cars w/o really knowning what they can or can't do. Hell I know a few people in these forums that actually paid someone to install their CAI haha. I do all the work on my engine alone thus I pretty much know it left to right.

Att. Andrew
Old 10-08-2006, 07:25 AM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

uhh huuumm... i dont know you from adam...how would i even know if you previously had a 5.0?
all i said was that the two superchargers you named are probably found more commonly on the 5.0L. but i could be wrong? your point was that they sell more than any other supercharger - and i never disagreed. my point and "coming soon" states that i am getting a supercharger and you threw out a bunch of foofoo about me wasting money on a CAI if i was getting a supercharger. my comment in return simply said, you are wrong when it comes to my plans. and again, your intial comment was directed to me and my "coming soon" section. you can argue that all you want but the simple fact remains....my **** fits.
apparently we are not speaking on the same level - so i will ignore any of your future posts in regards to my "coming soon" supercharger and CAI combo. mainly, because i know that the C&L will fit on the Saleen supercharger and i could care less about the other kits out there that come with their own CAI. i realize that some of the other kits inlet filter is not even located in the same spot or routed the same way.....which would make the C&L not fit.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:52 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

Correction the only kit that fits a cai is the saleen kit: here is a good thread about it. https://mustangforums.com/m_2074372/tm.htm NOT many people select the saleen supercharger; infact most people that do are just starting to get into the modding scene. This is because there are only 2 ways to go with a s/c if you really want to put some some nice #'s either with a KB or with a procharger. I was only trying to help you and let you know of this so you dont buy something you will end up tossing away in the long run(since you didn't specify which supercharger) Since then I can see you have your eyes covered at any one1 trying to help so I just want to add that they are some very nice whipple superchargers and other roots chargers you could select from that are also very nice. Dont worry sooner or later you will see the sunshine.

Att. Andrew