MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Baby Seats for new mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/188580-baby-seats-for-new-mustangs.html)

OIIIIIO 10-04-2006 06:59 PM

Baby Seats for new mustangs

I don't have a mustang yet, but will hopefully buy one early next year. My wife is expecting our first child in May and is making me get another vehicle because she doesn't think Jeep Wranglers are safe for babies. One thing that worries me is being able to find a baby seat that will safely fit in the back. The seats don't look like they allow for many options. Any ideas or suggestions on models to buy for baby seats?

Thanks,
Ron

hammeron 10-04-2006 07:02 PM

RE: Baby Seats for new mustangs

i don't know about baby seats, but what i would say is, get
that mustang as fast as possible, because once the baby comes,
it will be hard to justify a muscle car for papa :)

Royb 10-04-2006 10:15 PM

all the baby seats fit just fine. Iv'e had one in mine when some friends came to town with a new born. There are slits in the seats that provide access to the anchors for the baby/child seat.

petepete 10-04-2006 10:24 PM

yep baby seats fit fine

pony girl 05 10-04-2006 10:42 PM

No problem with the baby seat in my car either, just make sure you use the latch system, it really anchors it in tight.

cekim 10-05-2006 12:05 AM

ORIGINAL: OIIIIIO
I don't have a mustang yet, but will hopefully buy one early next year. My wife is expecting our first child in May and is making me get another vehicle because she doesn't think Jeep Wranglers are safe for babies. One thing that worries me is being able to find a baby seat that will safely fit in the back. The seats don't look like they allow for many options. Any ideas or suggestions on models to buy for baby seats?
Did not get the new stang until they were in boosters... but - the boosters had been used in other cars and clearance did not seem like an issue...

More importantly -

They make some pads to go under the seats - baby seats/boosters tear seats up - sand, food, barf - you name it build up under the plastic and it becomes sand paper... If you have them installed correctly the car seats will press deeply into the stang seats - protect them!

What's wrong with the wrangler? If they are buckled in, who cares? Its got a roll bar right?;)

With twins, getting in and out of back seats was the bane of my existance - so an SUV was the preffered mode of travel, but then maybe one at a time would be easier? I know I would not enjoy getting in the stang nearly as much with the girls now if it weren't for them getting themselves buckled in...

Bretstang06 10-05-2006 02:33 AM

Baby seats fit with no problem in the back seat. We babysit our grand daughter often, she's almost 2, and sometimes I put her seat in the back when we go out with her. She likes the ride with the windows down and her hair blowing. Can't be too young to get hooked on Grandpa's GT.

Country1969 10-06-2006 10:32 AM

I got my Stang last year. My son was 6 and he was just using seat belts at the time. But I was concerned about a car seat. My wife became pregnant in the beginning of the year and thats the first thing I thought about. The digging in the rear seat. It's a long story but, she lost that baby. We found out a few months ago we were going to have another one, which was due in March 05. Once again, my concerns were the wear and tear on that rear seat. I was going to use some way of protecting the seat, either with rolled up towels or something. But sadly enough, she had another miscarriage 1 month or so ago. Off subject for a bit.....We had a list of tests done to see whats wrong...So far-nothing wrong. The doctor said,"Sometimes bad things happen to good people." We were wishing for a daughter, since we already have a son. It would have been nice to have them both in pictures of my mustang to share with their kids and tell stories. At least my son can. Makes me want to take more pictures of him in it and by it today.

Just protect that seat when you do get your Stang. Remember to enjoy taking your baby for rides and take lots of pictures for the future.
Believe me, I still watch my wife and son getting in and out of my Stang. It's a full time job. :D

tdbrown75 10-06-2006 10:51 AM

Not only do they fit, but the Mustang is equipped with the LATCH system and has a five star crash rating. My wife had no issues with me getting the car after she saw that. The car I previously owned, a Grand Prix, only has a three star crash rating! All types of seats seem to work pretty well, including the boosters when the kids get older. One thing though, while you have the first seat (rear facing) the person up front is going to be mighty cramped. Keep in mind though that the rear facing stage only lasts a few months before you switch to forward facing.

Hope this helps.

Tim

OIIIIIO 10-06-2006 11:05 AM

Thanks everyone! This is all great to hear. Now there's nothing standing in my way other then another 5 years of car payments:(