Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can The Roush Kit Be Installed With Factory Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 10:35 PM
jjryan

Default Can The Roush Kit Be Installed With Factory Exhaust?

I got a quote to have this roush kit installed on my 06 mustang convertible (yellow) today at the dealership here for 3500 including the kit which lists for 2k. pricey but i don't know how to do it so i'm kinda stuck.

The exhaust kit which the kit says it requires is an extra 700 to have the dual exhaust out the back. They said it should be possible to use the exsisting exhaust and just put it threw one of the squares in the back and change the tip or something which is like 80 bucks and leave the other side empty. I was thinking of doing this and maybe just putting a tip mounted in the kit somehow as a fake one to save some expense.

Anyone have experience or know anything about these kits to know 100% if I'm going to have a problem with the exhaust? Thanks.

http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=535 (Here's The Link To The Kit, A Link To The Exhaust Is In Description As Well)
Old 10-04-2006, 11:19 PM
skillful
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Roush Kit Installed With Factory Exhaust?

I'm about to do the same thing on my 06 GT. Haven't found any good deals on the kit. They all run about the same $1950.00 +/- a few bucks. As far as the $3500 for parts and labor, ouch! I haven't got any price quotes on the labor except from a good friend that does that for a living (paint and body work). He told me he would do it for $300 and I can help. I also know someone that can get me the paint. So with those people in mind, I'm not paying $1500 to get mine on. If I were you I'd check around at some other "GOOD PAINT SHOPS" , not uncle Bobs paint, (j/k) and see what they would charge to paint and install the body kit. Don't think it would cost $1500 to paint a body kit but what do I know. Good luck to you. Let us know what you find out.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:24 PM
jjryan

thanks...any word on this exhaust thing though? that's my main concern. pointless getting this kit if i need to get a whole new exhaust. have you checked into this since you're doing it yourself?
Old 10-04-2006, 11:36 PM
skillful
2nd Gear Member

Kinda, but not really. LOL I have flowmasters on right now and I wonder the same thing. I also have a friend that has a muffler shop but I haven't gone to talk to him about that issue. Hoping I can get some new tips and get him to put them on and maybe reposition if needed but...not sure if you can change the tip to a flowmaster?? if so would that affect the flowmaster in anyway??? dunno. I've heard the roush exhaust and I didn't hear that much of a difference. Wish the exhaust still sounded like the last few model mustangs!!
Old 10-04-2006, 11:40 PM
jjryan

*deleted*
Old 10-04-2006, 11:42 PM
Gig4Fun
1st Gear Member

I put the Full body kit on mine AND I needed the exhaust. The rear body cutouts are in a different place and it took their exhaust to make it right.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:45 PM
jjryan

who did you have install the kit and did you consider any other body kits before settling on that one?
Old 10-04-2006, 11:52 PM
skillful
2nd Gear Member

suggestion---go look at a new roush mustang and get measurement on where the exhaust tips come out at. IE--how far down from the bottom of the tail lights and which light area it comes out under. Look and the roush page that you added in the first post and look at what I'm talking about. I think a good muffler person can custom something to fit. IMO

Well bad news, just looked at my stangs rear end and the tips are under the center light and the roush looks like it comes out underthe inside corner of the reverse light. Dunno???
Old 10-04-2006, 11:55 PM
jjryan

now the tricky part. finding a good muffler person only actual muffler places i know of around here are the chain places which i wouldn't trust even changing a tire.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:57 PM
02 Stang
5th Gear Member

You would be better off in the long run getting a real dual setup instead of having a ghetto-rigged tip welded into your car

Just my .02, good luck with the decision.

Quick Reply: Can The Roush Kit Be Installed With Factory Exhaust?