Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Stang Would You Buy?

Old 10-06-2006, 10:24 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Which Stang Would You Buy?

ORIGINAL: undecided.steve

Hello all!
Ok I have narrowed it down to 3 cars and will be buying one of them in the next couple of days.
These are all wildly different cars, which is kind of the way my wife and I live our lives.
Totally non conformists!

We loved all three of these cars.

1. 2003 GT Vert black, every option and a centenial edition. Car is mint, one mature owner who took immaculate care of it.
I drove it and it was very smooth, but has the typical minor dash rattle for cars of this vintage. The car looks and drives brand new.
Lot's of power, great exhaust sound and plenty of torque.

Here is a link to the Centenial Edition cause I didn't know what it was at first:

http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/time...4/03/100th.htm

I can get this car for $16,800 before tax.

2. 2005 Mustang GT Windveil blue with only 3k miles. Again a mature owner who traded it for a 2006 vert and took care of it as well.
Tons of power in this one and a great exhaust tone, very similar to the 2003 as far as exhaust sound is concerned but smoother.

I can get this one for 23,900 before tax.

3. Brand new 2007 V6 coupe in white Pony package/IUP/Antilock/heated seats/side airbags etc.
Drives very similar to the GT, very tight suspension. It didn't feel as fast as the 2003 on the butt dyno
but still had plenty of power.

I can get this one for $23,100.

I'm looking for the best overall car for the money so consider the price as well.

So which one would you buy and why?

Again thanks for your help!

(changed vista blue to windveil blue)

depends on what you want. do you really want the gt power? if not, get the v6. if you do, of course get the gt. it may not be that big of a difference for you in price, but for me, the insurance alone would have been 1400 bucks more a year which is INSANE. Plus i have to pay for my own gas. it just wouldnt have worked for me. i love my vista blue and if price didnt matter i would DEFINATELY get the vista blue gt, but if you are worried about gas going up again, or you have high insurance for some reason, go v6. oh and from what i've experienced, the s197's are a fair amount better in bad weather conditions than new edge, so that's also a factor. For me, i also HAD to get stick, i hate automatics, so this car was pretty much my only option v6 wise. thank god it was loaded and vista blue
Old 10-06-2006, 11:19 AM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

yeah this is kind of a silly question for this forum since the vast majority of us could have had any one of the cars you mention, or many others, but opted for the 05/06/07 GT.

There are lots of V6 owners here too, and they are great cars, but this is largely the S197 GT crowd.

And, as always, if people can't decide between a V6 or V8, then they should continue to shop or to test drive until they are drawn to either one. If you are not a performance car person, car guy, or mustang freak, then let somebody else buy the GT(s).
Old 10-06-2006, 02:13 PM
jt14894
2nd Gear Member

I can't sacrifice my 350Z, gas sipper Talon, and 380SL so I'll take all three of them.
Old 10-06-2006, 03:04 PM
oakman
2nd Gear Member

2005 GT all the way. Do it and you won't be sorry you got a GT.[sm=exactly.gif]
Old 10-06-2006, 06:22 PM
undecided.steve
4th Gear Member

Hi Guys and thank you for replying to my poll and offline as well!

Well, I have decided to go with the 2003 GT Vert for several reasons.
The owner dropped the price another $1k and at that price the difference in price between the 05 or the 07 is
substantial.

I realize the 05 GT is a heck of a value but for my first Mustang, and first sports car in 25 years or so, the 03 GT vert
hits the sweet spot between fun and price.
Other pluses for me are it's a vert which I really want and also a GT as well.

Also, being a Centenial edition it is somewhat different although not collectable (AFAIK) so that's kinda kool as well.

Finally, if it turns out that I hate the car, I could sell it myself and get back most of what I paid because the Kelly Book is a few grand higher and this cars condition is mint.
The car was Ford maintained.
I suspect when the Camaro hits the street Ford will be upping the incentives on the Mustangs so I can always come back!

Wish me luck and again thanks!

Old 10-06-2006, 08:32 PM
Tri C
1st Gear Member

I came in late here. You made the best decision given these choices. My bottom line on a used car is always to get one that I can get my money back if I don't like it. And being a charter member of the Chronic Car Buyers club means that happens with some frequency!

Plus, I always like the low production or special models.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:45 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

I thought you had already decided on a V-6 'vert a few weeks ago? Well, good luck on your '03 GT(nice car, and it's a Mustang).
Like you said, you won't lose money if you want a quick turn around(which I think you'll do since it still sounds like you'd like an S197 GT).[sm=icon_cheers.gif]
Old 10-06-2006, 09:08 PM
07GT
2nd Gear Member

The 05 GT of course. Stiffer chassis, better ride, more power.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:09 AM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

coupe V8 manual, FTW
Old 10-07-2006, 12:22 AM
Rt1Rebel
3rd Gear Member

You can't go wrong with #1 or #2.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Which Stang Would You Buy?