Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new 06 Mustang GT is totaled.

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 10:30 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: My new 06 Mustang GT is totaled.

Well what you want and what your insurance company is willing to give you are two different things. I don't think any insurance company would total that car out, sorry.

ORIGINAL: classj

After replacing the entire interior and taking the whole car apart and drying it out properly it would probably be fine. But as far as labor is concerned, you couldent pay someone to do it. And if it were me, I would just want a new one.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:41 PM
Archion
4th Gear Member

Depending on where he is at, it very well could be totaled, In Virginia if the car has had that much water, it is totaled and gets a salvage title, basically making it worthless, and most insurance companies wont even insure the car. basically it is a flood car. The bad thing is, if you have a car with a slvage title, you can do what one of the local dealers does, you sell the car to yuor sister lot in a state that does not have salvage titles, then buy it back, and voila, clean title.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:02 PM
Moonbaby1973
2nd Gear Member

Um....i think i will pass on the parts that have been underwater, Thanks anyways.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:04 PM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

I agree, +1
Old 10-07-2006, 11:34 PM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Moonbaby1973

Um....i think i will pass on the parts that have been underwater, Thanks anyways.

He said the parts weren't on the car at the time.

My brothers car was also flooded about waist high. It didn't take that much work to get the car working again. I was worried about water getting in the intake system, but it actually went into the engine through the exhaust. We took out the dipstick and it looked like chocolate milk on the end. We had to flush out it out till it was back to normal. We stripped the whole interior out and dried all of it. You can't tell that it was in a flood now if you look at it. If the water got up behind the dashboard, then that could be a really bad problem. Insurance probably wouldn't pay for it either, since it could be considered as an act of nature.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:35 PM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

What the heck is a terminator? Am i missing something?
Old 10-07-2006, 11:37 PM
CurtX
1st Gear Member

sounds grim. Insurance companies typically don't payout a cent for flood damage, regardless if it is a home or a car. Good luck.
Old 10-07-2006, 11:49 PM
PeteK

Terminator is a 03/04 Cobra
Old 10-08-2006, 02:28 AM
MustangMadness7
4th Gear Member

Moonbaby1973, you stole my Avatar!!! Its MY ford girl! And i dunno what the insurace company will do. If i had to guess id say totaled. If there was 6 inches of water in the interior, then half the engine was underwater. Insurance would have to pay for all the parts and labor to have it fixed, and i think theyr more likely to write a check. Hopefully you get a decent amount. You can get a nice Terminator for arond 25k. Good Luck
Old 10-08-2006, 02:46 AM
Ubergeist
1st Gear Member

None of these parts that I am selling were in the car when the flood happened. In fact, I never got a chance to install them on my car.

But the car is totaled. They told the dealer to take off the plates, and they paid for the dealer to remove the navi i just put in it. Here in IL, once water gets in the car, the car will have flood damage on the title. Making it a salvage title as someone said. That means my car would be worth about half what it should be and the warranty from Ford is now voided because of it. Just got to find out how much they are going to pay me.

This is the "fun" part.

Quick Reply: My new 06 Mustang GT is totaled.