Go Back  MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005-2014 Mustangs
Reload this Page >

SERIOUS LEAKING/ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS WITH 05+ MUSTANGS

Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.

SERIOUS LEAKING/ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS WITH 05+ MUSTANGS

Old 10-07-2018, 02:13 PM
Nate Lobo

Default SJB leak issue

Ok, I want to start by saying thank you everyone for the forums on the water leak issues onto the SJB. I have ran into issues with this myself with the wifeís Ď08 Mustang.
Most of the forums I have found are well over 10 years old but still got me to an answer and fix ďhopefullyĒ. Which makes me curious if anyone else has ran into these issues recently, or everyone has just given up as to a fix for it. This last spring I replaced the SJB due to losing windows, locks, instrument functions, exterior lighting and the park interlock.
I thought it was a fluke thing and has occurred over the last 10 years. Now that itís fall and raining again, the new used SJB that I installed starts acting wonky here and there. Such as with the key fobs, and her carpet and pad are moist below the SJB.
Iím hoping that this silicone fix that Iím trying will take care of this issue. After taking off the hood windshield cowel and inspecting the area it looks like there is only one spot water can get in to the cabin of her Mustang. That is my personal opinion judging by where the SJB is mounted and the rain gutter is diverting the rain to. With the hood up and the cowels removed there is a space between the mounts which Iím crossing my fingers is the entry point. Especially since there is a drain hole in the gutter on the passenger side which is directly above this entry point. If we donít run into anymore issues Iíll update. These are pics of the passenger side, I siliconed the drivers side in the same manner.