Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holy crap I just got the crap scared out of me!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 06:11 PM
JT_Moore05
2nd Gear Member

Default Holy crap I just got the crap scared out of me!

So I have had my 06GT since january, and never really gunned it while going into a turn. You know, like a dead stand still, and just kinda slide the car around the turn. Well about 30 minutes ago I got onto this old road coming home, made sure there was absolutely no one around (cause If I am going to do something stupid, I dont want to involve others) and gunned it around the turn. Well I suppose I underestimated the power of the car, because it fishtaled a lot more than I thought it would. I was fighting the steering wheel to keep it on a 2 lane road.

I am never ever, ever doing that again on public roads. If I do, it will be at the track.

p.s. I went about 10 under the speed limit for the rest of the way home.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:21 PM
mAnYsTyLeS
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Holy crap I just got the crap scared out of me!

I did that by accident a few weeks ago and slightly pooped my pants as well.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:24 PM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JT_Moore05

So I have had my 06GT since january, and never really gunned it while going into a turn. You know, like a dead stand still, and just kinda slide the car around the turn. Well about 30 minutes ago I got onto this old road coming home, made sure there was absolutely no one around (cause If I am going to do something stupid, I dont want to involve others) and gunned it around the turn. Well I suppose I underestimated the power of the car, because it fishtaled a lot more than I thought it would. I was fighting the steering wheel to keep it on a 2 lane road.

I am never ever, ever doing that again on public roads. If I do, it will be at the track.

LOL...Glad you're O.K. DO, try this again on a deserted road or big parking lot; a) It's fun and b) Get's you used to controling your car. DO NOT do this at the track; a) You're going to scare the **** out of the other racer and b) You don't want to go into the wall. :-D
Old 10-13-2006, 06:30 PM
pony girl 05
3rd Gear Member

+1 I agree With scramblr you need to do this again until you get use to the feeling of your car, It will become fun when you know what to expect
Old 10-13-2006, 06:30 PM
JT_Moore05
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scramblr

LOL...Glad you're O.K. DO, try this again on a deserted road or big parking lot; a) It's fun and b) Get's you used to controling your car. DO NOT do this at the track; a) You're going to scare the **** out of the other racer and b) You don't want to go into the wall. :-D

Lol, I didnt explain I guess. when I meant at the track, I meant at a solo/autocross type event. I seriously loled when I got a mental picture of a full racetrack, and someone just all of a sudden spinning out, going crazy, scaring the other drivers.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:32 PM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

Lol, I didnt explain I guess. when I meant at the track, I meant at a solo/autocross type event. I seriously loled when I got a mental picture of a full racetrack, and someone just all of a sudden spinning out, going crazy, scaring the other drivers.
Yeah, no ****, you had me cracking up to. I'm heading to the track first thing in the morning and all I need is the guy next to me practicing fishtails. :-) LOL
Old 10-13-2006, 07:19 PM
gidyup
2nd Gear Member

A couple days ago I was going out to lunch with a co-worker, with me driving. I punched it while pulling out of the parking lot and turning onto the side road. She really started breaking loose and I had to get off the throttle quick or start doing donuts in the middle of the street. I knew I was going to spin the tires and get a little squirly but the back-end really wanted to come around FAST this time. Of course I kept a slight smile on my poker face and pretended that it was all planned
Old 10-13-2006, 07:27 PM
Supernaut
2nd Gear Member

Last weekend I was on an empty road and decided to do a smoking U-turn. In my '87 notch with a built 302, I can steer the car with the throtle. Not my 07 GT. I didn't rev the motor and pop the cluch, just floored it with the wheel cut over. The car turned 90 degrees to the left and then plowed straight at the woods. I lifted the throttle fast and hit the brakes, then floored it again when pointed properly down the road. The car didn't have enough power down low to break traction, and understeered bad. I need to fix both those problems.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:28 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

mAnYsTyLeS - how do you SLIGHTLY poop your pants? Seems like an either/or situation! [&:]

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]
Old 10-13-2006, 07:35 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sherwood06GT

mAnYsTyLeS - how do you SLIGHTLY poop your pants? Seems like an either/or situation! [&:]

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

I don't think I would like any pictures of that!!!!

Quick Reply: Holy crap I just got the crap scared out of me!