Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carbon fiber on Stang

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 12:50 AM
petepete
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Carbon fiber on Stang

owned lol. Im thinking abou tthe cf sc hood from sebion. Of course i will get it painted but its one of the rare functional hoods and its lighter and cf is pretty hard to dent. As well as they put some glaze on it that makes it hard to scratch
Old 11-06-2006, 12:52 AM
lmunz22
2nd Gear Member

I will say that at times, CF can look a little rice. This is if you have a CF hood on a light colored car. But, if you have it on a darker colored car, it can look aawesome.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:53 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

all ya gatta do is paint it
Old 11-06-2006, 12:54 AM
mustangman2424
I ♥ Acer

+1

I would not put an unpainted CF hood on a Torch Red car, but I would definately put one on a black or alloy Mustang. Carbon Fiber is great, it looks sweet, it's light, strong, and durable. They are even making CF wheels now, for like $5,000 a piece lol. Carbon Fiber seems like NOS, Fast and Furious gave NOS a bad name even though it is a great product, and there are a bunch of ricers who spend $1,000 on carbon fiber parts while their cars have 10 different colors. Just because people gave it a bad name does not mean that it is a bad product. If your doing only for weight reduction I would say just save your money for a SC or something, but if you want to do it for looks while at the same time losing weight go right on ahead.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:56 AM
petepete
5th Gear Member

http://www.koenigsegg.com/ Full carbon fiber car that will smoke any car out there on the street
Old 11-06-2006, 12:58 AM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

I'm not saying he is and who cares who he is racing (if at all) for. The point is not that he wants to put Carbon Fiber on his car it is that instead of being adults as those who posted links and legit advice people bash him for what he wants to do to his car, and have no logical arguments.

If you want to say you should not do that, have something better than an opinion. And do not slam a guy for it. To say CF is rice because a you see them on alot of Imports, you just do not look around enough.

I hate when people do that, use facts and knowledge not what you think maybe is possibly the case.

These are the comments I am refering to:

ORIGINAL: Nixtang
Please don't "rice out" your 'Stang - carbon fiber does not belong on an American car.
there are better ways of dropping weight than (in my opinion) crappy-looking carbon fiber replacement pieces.
ORIGINAL:RuffNuts
If you carbon your stang be sure and get a 3 tier metal wing (unpainted), also go ahead and get rid of the duel exhaust and in place a single big fart can setup. Oh yea get about 40 jap decals also. this will complement the carbon bit nicely.

Really what part of any of these are fact or helpful to the person psting this? How dose this help others mod their car with the right products?

IMHO VIS and Seibon have great quality carbon fiber pieces, we have delt with them in the past and always had good results, the one I would stay away from is Extreme Dimensions, a good amount of pieces we have seen from them have been poor quality generally bad fitment and very thin.

I do think Carbon Fiber looks better painted to match the car, but that is just my $0.02
Old 11-06-2006, 01:10 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

+1
CF is just another material like aluminum or steel of fiberglass
in fact it is like fiberglass exept it has a CF mesh (that gives it alot of strength) embeded in the resin
Old 11-06-2006, 01:11 AM
Nixtang
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mattblasi

OK I'll rag on what he said then.... YOUR AN IDIOT ...

carbon fiber when done right is one of the best developments in the way of car parts, they are stronger, lighter and last longer. Now that said there are cheap things for every car out there that are really just not worth what you pay for them so if it seems like a nice low price trust me its a nice low quality.

Anyway so let me get this straight a Corvette C6 ZZ06 and the Dodge Viper are RICE????? what planet are you from? And lets go a step further to the very top of performance, is your metal car better than oh lets say that really ricey Bugatti Veyron and Ferrari Enzos or the POS Mclaren F1 or maybe I know the Formula 1 cars that you seem to know nothing about that even use carbon fiber for suspension and axels?

Carbon Fiber is not rice it is quite factually the way of the future son.

And you are right mearly a carbon fiber hood will not give someone an edge in a race, but who said he will only do the hood, maybe he will do a BMR K member, and CF Doors and Fenders and a nice CF Driveshaft. Hell maybe he will gut the entire car of all un-neccessary panels and seats, its his car his call. In a race it CAN come down to weight to horsepower ratio just so you kn

I am sorry I missed the wingo comment so I had to edit this. Here is a picture:

This is a FORD FACTORY DEVELOPED RACE CAR WITH YES A LARG WING and the RICEY CARBON FIBER. Did you know this is the race top line race car that Ford sells to teams, it comes exactly like that with on e exception, it is not painted (they leave that to you) So I guess if you don't like carbon fiber or wings on a car you sould go buy a Saturn.
ORIGINAL: mattblasi

I'm not saying he is and who cares who he is racing (if at all) for. The point is not that he wants to put Carbon Fiber on his car it is that instead of being adults as those who posted links and legit advice people bash him for what he wants to do to his car, and have no logical arguments.

If you want to say you should not do that, have something better than an opinion. And do not slam a guy for it. To say CF is rice because a you see them on alot of Imports, you just do not look around enough.

I hate when people do that, use facts and knowledge not what you think maybe is possibly the case.

These are the comments I am refering to:

Please don't "rice out" your 'Stang - carbon fiber does not belong on an American car.
there are better ways of dropping weight than (in my opinion) crappy-looking carbon fiber replacement pieces.
ORIGINAL:RuffNuts
If you carbon your stang be sure and get a 3 tier metal wing (unpainted), also go ahead and get rid of the duel exhaust and in place a single big fart can setup. Oh yea get about 40 jap decals also. this will complement the carbon bit nicely.

Really what part of any of these are fact or helpful to the person psting this? How dose this help others mod their car with the right products?

IMHO VIS and Seibon have great quality carbon fiber pieces, we have delt with them in the past and always had good results, the one I would stay away from is Extreme Dimensions, a good amount of pieces we have seen from them have been poor quality generally bad fitment and very thin.

I do think Carbon Fiber looks better painted to match the car, but that is just my $0.02
What's with all the hostility?? Dude, you need to take a chill pill or something. I was merely stating what I thought about something. Isn't that what a forum is for, stating your opinions and sharing knowledge? I didn't say that I knew everything, nor did I pretent to. I did not deserve to be called an idiot, and you should be banned for flaming like that. If you've got a problem with me, fine - but don't question my integrity. I am better than that, and chances are, you are, too.

Nick
Old 11-06-2006, 01:25 AM
petepete
5th Gear Member

yes but he didnt ask for opinions he wanted to know where to get them.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:34 AM
Nixtang
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: petepete

yes but he didnt ask for opinions he wanted to know where to get them.
Yes, I realize that, now. I'd throw in the "thank you, Captain Obvious" comment to that, but someone may get upset... : )

All kidding aside, I'm sorry if my comments offended anyone. It's rediculous for anyone to get worked up over one man's opinions I would've thought this forum was full of smarter people than that. I learn new things on here every day. Apparently, I learned a thing or two about carbon fiber today...

Nick

Quick Reply: Carbon fiber on Stang