Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

racing with a new car

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 01:41 PM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

Default RE: racing with a new car

ORIGINAL: Warlok

If you really just wanted a V-6 Mustang, then congradulations on your new and good looking car. I just cant understand why any one would buy a V-6 Stang if they intend to race anyone.
V6 are cheaper... cheaper to insure... and kickin v-8 *** with a v-6 is kinda cool if you ask me....
Old 10-15-2006, 02:03 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nonstopred

ORIGINAL: yomofoitzjay

sadly its a v6
smack
ditto
Old 10-15-2006, 05:42 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: randy78045

If you really just wanted a V-6 Mustang, then congradulations on your new and good looking car. I just cant understand why any one would buy a V-6 Stang if they intend to race anyone.
V6 are cheaper... cheaper to insure... and kickin v-8 *** with a v-6 is kinda cool if you ask me....
that deff my point
exact reason i bought a v6...
plus i use my car as a daily driver
racing maybe once in a while
nothing crazy!!
This is my first car!!
Old 10-15-2006, 05:43 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

broke!
17 years old
paid half
parents paid half
Old 10-15-2006, 06:08 PM
Warlok
2nd Gear Member

Sure....I guess IF YOU COULD DO IT!
Old 10-15-2006, 06:14 PM
Warlok
2nd Gear Member

broke!
17 years old
paid half
parents paid half

That being the case, then you are one lucky young man. Congradulations on a awsome car that will be insurable and less costly gas wise to drive. I mean no disrespect, and should have read more closley your post in the first place. If I had known the circumstances and would have had I payed attention, I would not make claims as to why a V-6? I just thought if you went this far why not all the way?
Try telling your folks that! Sorry again I am an old man, and should know better.

[IMG]local://upfiles/47655/93159A1382CD41AD859AFCF5D0294DDD.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-15-2006, 07:16 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

broke!
17 years old
paid half
parents paid half

That being the case, then you are one lucky young man. Congradulations on a awsome car that will be insurable and less costly gas wise to drive. I mean no disrespect, and should have read more closley your post in the first place. If I had known the circumstances and would have had I payed attention, I would not make claims as to why a V-6? I just thought if you went this far why not all the way?
Try telling your folks that! Sorry again I am an old man, and should know better.

gimme the price difference between your car and mine and i will have a mid 12 second car easy. so yea it can definately be done. and oh the s197 v6's are just as fast as many of the stock 5.0's and the sn95 gt's, so yea we can beat some of the older v8's stock.
Old 10-15-2006, 09:04 PM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

I dont know if you have ever seen Rygenstormelocke's or screaming's rides. They are both turboed (ryan's) and supercharged (screaming's). Both of these V6s will crush any stock GT.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:34 PM
viza
1st Gear Member

broke!
17 years old
paid half
parents paid half

Pfft, my first car was a 1970 1/2 camaro with an inline 6. Only problem was I got it in 1988. I hope you are happy with your ride 8) My parents wouldn't help me get a car, and wouldn't let me on their insurance til I was 18. Driving either of their cars was out of the question so I couldn't even get a job unless it was in bike range. I had to wash dishes at a local restaurant at 3.35 an hour (yes I paid tax too) just to save the $500 for it. Money was pretty tight around my house when I was growing up so I don't hold it against them.

You lucky bastard...

-Viz
Old 10-15-2006, 11:50 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black06stang

I dont know if you have ever seen Rygenstormelocke's or screaming's rides. They are both turboed (ryan's) and supercharged (screaming's). Both of these V6s will crush any stock GT.

sorry about that

i mean i worked hard for mine
so they came about to help me
i mean i saved up 12 grand
and got 6 grand for my trade in
so they basically only put in like another 5 grand

and i have my oown insurance which is 3200 a year

i pay that and gas my self
i jsut quit my job
so now im in a tight situitaion

Quick Reply: racing with a new car