Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 05 Mustang was spared from vandalism

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 10:22 AM
Country1969
2nd Gear Member

Default My 05 Mustang was spared from vandalism

Just got my wife 2002 Saturn SC2 out of the garage this past week from a over night hit and run. Friday night the drivers door was hit and the paint was chipped around the handle and the handle itself is broke. I called the police and told them it's the second time in a month.

Wait, it gets worst. Sunday morning I get a call from my mom and dad. They live a few minutes over the hill from us. He went out in the morning and past our house,we were still sleeping. They said alot of cars on your street was vandalized and your wife's car has her back window smashed.
I went outside and as I was walking by the car to see the damage the police went the down road and starting talking to others that was victims.
He then pulled up to us and he told us that they had someone locked up and they got him on other car vandalism from across the river. They are trying to see if he will break on these other victims cars. They hit another 2 car lots, one with 18 brand new cars. All the windows were smashed.

I then remember to check my 2005 Mustang. I park it in the rear of my driveway, behind my house. It's another story why I can't get my wife's car back in my driveway. But I found no damage to it. I have a set of 6 outdoor lights in my driveway that shines on the driveway itself and on the side of my neighbors house. It gives somewhat a lighted area for protection. If you look down into my driveway where my Mustang is parked, you cant see it. The lights blind your view.

They were not going to house to house. They were just driving by and hitting cars on the streets. I have to assume there was one than one to cause all of that damage but no one knows for sure just yet. I hope they have at least one of them in jail. I hope he breaks and tells them who else is involved if any.

I am thnking about getting cameras installed in the front of the house and the back where my Mustang is parked.
It's a shame that you cant park your car and go to bed without worrying about what's going to happen next.
I live on street that's like a main ave in my section. The crime rate around my house is nothing. You never hear about things like this here. It just happen to be on their way and they got their kicks.

I am sick about this. They should make him pay for all the damages. We have a $100.00 deductable that we have to pay on glass repair. It really sucks that we have to suffer with this. We, the victims, should get together and sue for damages. If he doesnt pay,more time in the slammer.

Everyone asked me how come they didnt touch my Mustang. I told they it was a driveby baseball bat beating.
They did have a witness from across the river that saw him do the damages there and that township police notified our township police to be on the look out for him and they caught him. I'm surprised the car lot down the highway from us that was hit didnt have any cameras. Or at least they are not saying they have them.

You work everyday for what, some jealous person or drunk driver destroy your property.

Just a few words for you Mustang owners, keep your car safe.
I am not posting this because I have 2005 Mustang. I just wanted to tell all of you my Mustang was spared. I don't care if you have a 2000 or 2007, your car is your car, no one has the right to destroy it. I wanted to share this news with fellow Mustang owners. We are like a family on here and I feel like we discuss things like this.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:39 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Default RE: My 05 Mustang was spared from vandalism

Thanks, youre right, its sick when people do stuff like this. I dont live in the best of neighborhoods, and (not trying to brag, just being honest) my house is by far the best one around (no one else around here takes care of their homes, be it mobile home or regular house.) My house has been vandalized many times, weve had our mailbox set on fire, mailbox blown up, mailbox ran over (twice), yard and trees papered, my car (not my Mustang thank God) has had tuna smeared all over it, egged, shaving creamed, and then someone threw the shaving cream can at the windshield and broke it, these happened more than once. And so far, I have been lucky that no one has touched my Mustang. I try to cover it up with a car cover when I remember but honestly it slips my mind.. alot more than it should. If I ever go on a trip or leave my house for more than a few hours I refuse to leave my car at my house. Ill leave it at a relative or friends house thats in a better part of the city. This is often times why I drive my friends everywhere, Im scared that if I leave my car at my house too long with no one there that Ill come back to a bunch of pieces. We dont live in a neighborhood just a street with houses on it that are spread out, but still someone always manages to come up our 1/4 mile driveway and do something to the house. Not really sure if its locals just trying to get their kicks or if its vengeful people from the past who are pissed off and jealous, but sure enough they never fail. Thing is we have called the cops a few times but theres really not much they can do unless they catch the people in the act and we have seriously considered investing some money into a very high-thick-strong fence and some security cameras as well as surrounding our yard with huge shrubs that block the view from the road. Its such a shame when you have to even think about stuff like this just to protect your own damn property! What happened to the good old days when no one even locked their f*ckin doors!?
Old 10-16-2006, 11:59 AM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

Damm, sorry to hear ***t like that. Makes you want to commit pain and suffering!!! [sm=badbadbad.gif]

It is unfortunate that people like us work our **s off to have nice things so pieces of ***t can trash it for us!!!! I feel your pain. I live in a nice gated housing edition and little thug *** kids love to come from across town and terrorize our neighborhood. My 2004 stang was egg'd 6X in one year; one of the eggings did over $1,100 worth of damage. Thank god they caught all (6) of those little bast**** and I got paid!!!!! My husband and I are also thinking long and hard about surveillance around our home. Either that or (6) huge Rotweillers that would take off a leg!!! We have (5) vehicles and (2) motorcycles so unfortunately only the race car and bikes go in the garage. It leaves everything else we own vulnerable to punk **s kids who cant stand to see someone have something nice.

I know, lets start an advocacy group!!!! ROF
Old 10-16-2006, 12:04 PM
Doomtroop
2nd Gear Member

I totally agree with you guys. We have had the same problem near our house. I like in a quiet neighborhood but yet someone that I know living on the street right beside ours was vandalized about 2 months ago: teenagers (we think) damaged the garage door of the house.

I could say that I'm lucky because I live in a roundabout and so there isn't a lot of traffic. I don't have my mustang yet but I sure as hell know that the day I purchase it I'll probably install cameras in my driveway. Not that I'm paranoid but about a year ago some kids smashed all of the window of one of my neighbours' porsche carrera. He was soo pissed. I would be too if it happened to me, even with the crappy car I own right now.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:49 PM
Supernaut
2nd Gear Member

The vast majority of vandalism is committed by boys. They love to break crap. If there is a recurring problem, one of those game cameras hunters use might be usefull. A motion sensor triggers a photo. I think they're under $200.

I once lived in a bad part of town, but had a 6' ****** wire fence around the house with a locked gate. I let the weeds grow and stuck bad sculpture in the ****** wire. First Halloween, I sat on the couch on my front porch drinking beer. The kids were afraid to come up. Fine with me. I lived there for 4 years, and never had a problem. Used to sit on the porch and watch cops chase drug dealers down the street. The real trouble is the copper pipe theives, but the fence and general atmosphere of death seems to have dissuaded them from returning. I'm also a big fan of hard wood briars with the 1" thorns. Can't push through it, so avenues of approach are limited. Put up a fence and plant those on the outside.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:30 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Supernaut

The vast majority of vandalism is committed by boys. They love to break crap. If there is a recurring problem, one of those game cameras hunters use might be usefull. A motion sensor triggers a photo. I think they're under $200.

I once lived in a bad part of town, but had a 6' ****** wire fence around the house with a locked gate. I let the weeds grow and stuck bad sculpture in the ****** wire. First Halloween, I sat on the couch on my front porch drinking beer. The kids were afraid to come up. Fine with me. I lived there for 4 years, and never had a problem. Used to sit on the porch and watch cops chase drug dealers down the street. The real trouble is the copper pipe theives, but the fence and general atmosphere of death seems to have dissuaded them from returning. I'm also a big fan of hard wood briars with the 1" thorns. Can't push through it, so avenues of approach are limited. Put up a fence and plant those on the outside.
Little on the weird side, but hey, if it works I have to give ya props there!!!! [sm=icon_cheers.gif]
Old 10-16-2006, 07:41 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

We need population control! It's the only solution.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:42 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Dang shame....glad to see at least your Stang was spared.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:38 PM
jc63_
2nd Gear Member

You need to hire a...armed watchman....for $1000 a night, I'll sit up on a rooftop in your neighborhood, and call in artillery strikes!
Old 10-16-2006, 10:19 PM
ryterngki
2nd Gear Member

A missionary friend of mine told me of a story of a thief in India who stole something from a food stand from two old ladies. One of the old ladies saw him take something and started to yell and holler as the thief ran away. Minutes later two local policemen returned the thief to the food stand and the crowd formed a circle around the old ladies and the thief. He got his *** beat as the crowd kept him from running away. In India, if you commit a crime against the people you pay retribution to the people and not the government. Too bad we can't do that here.

Quick Reply: My 05 Mustang was spared from vandalism