Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shaker 500 won´t play any CD´s?!!??

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 08:07 PM
J.P

Default RE: Shaker 500 won´t play any CD´s?!!??

As mentioned above my car is in fact an import as the mustang is not sold outside the US, so just taking it to the dealer is somewhat problematic to say the least. I have however been in touch with a dealer through my brother in law (lives in the US) and they were very helpful in true american service-minded approach (which was nice, not used to being right all the time over here )

Problem is though that I would need to send my unit to the dealer in the US, so they could inspect it (Thought this was quite a common problem. what is there to inspect?) before they will send me a new one. Will cost loads in shipping and work hours from garage. Plus, the time that I will spend audioless.

Is there no type of reboot available? Like taking it out completely and putting it back in..haha I wish, right?

Shame that this happened as the car is really enjoyable otherwise (at least in the dry). Quality a bit of a let down, but I expected that as I'm used to german cars with less plastic. Doesn't bug me too much anymore.

Thanks again,
J
Old 10-17-2006, 08:47 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Shaker 500 won´t play any CD´s?!!??

ORIGINAL: J.P

As mentioned above my car is in fact an import as the mustang is not sold outside the US, so just taking it to the dealer is somewhat problematic to say the least. I have however been in touch with a dealer through my brother in law (lives in the US) and they were very helpful in true american service-minded approach (which was nice, not used to being right all the time over here )

Problem is though that I would need to send my unit to the dealer in the US, so they could inspect it (Thought this was quite a common problem. what is there to inspect?) before they will send me a new one. Will cost loads in shipping and work hours from garage. Plus, the time that I will spend audioless.

Is there no type of reboot available? Like taking it out completely and putting it back in..haha I wish, right?

Shame that this happened as the car is really enjoyable otherwise (at least in the dry). Quality a bit of a let down, but I expected that as I'm used to german cars with less plastic. Doesn't bug me too much anymore.

Thanks again,
J

Having an American car abroad is a pain on thr @ss when it comes to warranty issues. I had one and took it to a German Ford dealer...lucky I was able to work something out, but it was a pain to say the least...hope you can solve your problem.