Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shaker 500 won´t play any CD´s?!!??

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 04:57 PM
J.P

Default Shaker 500 won´t play any CD´s?!!??

Hi,
new to the forum, but heard that this was the place for problem solving!!

My problem is that my Shaker 500, is not reading any cd´s at all, not even bought ones. Just says "bad disc", after taking ages trying to read the cd (strangely without any whurring noises from the unit itself, as if it isn´t working/spinning the cd at all).

I have tried with good quality cd-r, and bought cd´s but it doesn´t work with any of them.

Now, I have had the "bad disc" problem before, but then it was just a simple reload and it would work fine after that and it never took this long for it to decide that the disc was "bad". There was also a whurring type of noise from the unit, like it was actually spinning the cd, which now is not present at all. Also it does not allow me to change cd during this process, which it used to.

This is somewhat worrying. Are there any actions or possible button pushing from my part that would help or re-engage the unit? Has it had it?

Any info appreciated.

Thanks,
J.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:38 PM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Shaker 500 won´t play any CD´s?!!??

Mine has only not read mp3 discs when i change back to them... does that read ok? if i change to disc two and then back to disc one and it is mp3, then it will do that bad disc thing. Other than that, my shaker 500 seems to get hung up sometimes... to the point tht it won't do anything, whatever buttons i push, it takes a few minutes for it to catch up and do the task. Im upgrading real soon!
Old 10-16-2006, 05:42 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Yes, I believe your Shaker has had it......your dealer will
replace under warranty....
-

ORIGINAL: J.P

Hi,
new to the forum, but heard that this was the place for problem solving!!

My problem is that my Shaker 500, is not reading any cd´s at all, not even bought ones. Just says "bad disc", after taking ages trying to read the cd (strangely without any whurring noises from the unit itself, as if it isn´t working/spinning the cd at all).

I have tried with good quality cd-r, and bought cd´s but it doesn´t work with any of them.

Now, I have had the "bad disc" problem before, but then it was just a simple reload and it would work fine after that and it never took this long for it to decide that the disc was "bad". There was also a whurring type of noise from the unit, like it was actually spinning the cd, which now is not present at all. Also it does not allow me to change cd during this process, which it used to.

This is somewhat worrying. Are there any actions or possible button pushing from my part that would help or re-engage the unit? Has it had it?

Any info appreciated.

Thanks,
J.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:34 PM
Saleen302
I ♥ Acer

There's a TSB on the CD players. I had mine replaced because it would tell me "Bad Disk," eject out CDs and skip a lot.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:36 PM
RCT06GT
3rd Gear Member

Thank god my Shaker 500 is working to perfection. I hear all of these horror stories of people's Shaker 500's going bad.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:50 PM
J.P

"TSB"??

So there is no simple way to reboot the stupid thing via software upgrade or similar?

The problem is that I have the car in England and from what I've heard, Ford needs the actual faulty player in order to replace it. Don't even now if dealers over here will have the correct tools to remove it. Are there any special tools involved?

Also I was told that the warranty was valid for me even though the car being in England, and from what I've gathered it is. Can anyone clarify 100%?
Hope it is, should be, but it wouldn't surprise me with my luck. That at least would just leave me the task of finding a Ford-garage who will agree to do the work under warranty.

Don't really wanna swap it out towards other headunit either as it has a to tendency look cheap and may scare away future buyers (my view). Although Satnav would be a welcome addition to the cabin.

Thanks,
J.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:44 PM
J.P

No one??
Old 10-17-2006, 04:10 PM
VaBeachMustang
1st Gear Member

Mine is doing the same thing. Going to replace very soon.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:32 PM
Saleen302
I ♥ Acer

Contact Ford on your situation and see what can be done.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:45 PM
GT JIM
1st Gear Member

Take it back to the dealer!

Quick Reply: Shaker 500 won´t play any CD´s?!!??