Why "Valencia Metallic Clearcoat" not "Grabber Orange" - MustangForums.com

2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.

Old 10-17-2006, 09:13 AM   #1  
psxchelly

Default Why "Valencia Metallic Clearcoat" not "Grabber Orange"

Hello everyone.... sadly I need Touch-up paint already. A little chip in the hood from Turnpike driving.

Anyone know why U3 is listed as " Valencia Metallic Clearcoat " and not "Grabber Orange" ?? My paintjob is not metallic. There is not one flake of anything anywhere on that car. It is completely glossy light orange.

I need the touch up paint from " www.paintscratch.com ", and I want to make sure I am buying the right color.

thanks
Michelle

PS: OH yeah... what is the difference between a "paint pen" and normal touch up paint with the little brush?
psxchelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 09:18 AM   #2  
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Why "Valencia Metallic Clearcoat" not "Grabber Orange"

I believe a paint pen has a ball point for filling in scraches, and the brush is for bigger areas like chips ect.
Black06stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 09:21 AM   #3  
TPony
6th Gear Member

+1[sm=exactly.gif]
TPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 12:15 PM   #4  
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Black06stang

I believe a paint pen has a ball point for filling in scraches, and the brush is for bigger areas like chips ect.
And if you get the touch up paint from the dealer it will have both.

Regarding the paint code, it may be used on several Ford products and "grabber orange" doesn't fit the other cars. It is common for a company to have several names for the same color, when the Focus first came out they had unique names for every color even though many were used on other Fords. CD Silver for a Focus is Satin Silver, they had an "egg yolk yellow" that was the same as zinc yellow.
QuickShortBus is offline   Reply With Quote