Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Advise on a new Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 01:56 PM
prashanth_ce

Default Please Advise on a new Mustang

Hi all
Found this to be the biggest member base for mustang forums..I am a newbie here...and I recently moved to Austin, TX and am lookin for a new mustang.
I want to know if anyone has been in this area and who is the best dealer here.
I am speaking to a couple of dealers and one of them is offering me a 07 V6 mustang with automatic transmission in torch red color , with leather seats for 21K.
Is that a good deal or not?
Please refer me to any links or such which will help me with this..I am already havin a headache with this exercise.
thanks a lot in advance
Prat
Old 10-17-2006, 02:43 PM
Vay

Default RE: Please Advise on a new Mustang

Sounds about right to me.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:49 PM
iamyourdaddy26
1st Gear Member

well first of all i think you need to buy a real car an that would be a V-8. you will be made fun of greatly if you but a V-6 sports car. especially the new ones. which i personally think look like poop. so get some ***** and buy a v-8 is my first advice to ya.[8D]
Old 10-17-2006, 04:08 PM
Jefferson

ORIGINAL: iamyourdaddy26

well first of all i think you need to buy a real car an that would be a V-8. you will be made fun of greatly if you but a V-6 sports car. especially the new ones. which i personally think look like poop. so get some ***** and buy a v-8 is my first advice to ya.[8D]
Easy there noob. They didn't ask for your opinion and quite frankly its quite narrow minded. In the same vain why did you waste your money on a 2v GT when you could have had the 4v Mach 1 or cobra... If your not going to be any help, go home.

ORIGINAL: prashanth_ce

Hi all
Found this to be the biggest member base for mustang forums..I am a newbie here...and I recently moved to Austin, TX and am lookin for a new mustang.
I want to know if anyone has been in this area and who is the best dealer here.
I am speaking to a couple of dealers and one of them is offering me a 07 V6 mustang with automatic transmission in torch red color , with leather seats for 21K.
Is that a good deal or not?
Please refer me to any links or such which will help me with this..I am already havin a headache with this exercise.
thanks a lot in advance
Prat
There are many members from the Texas area on this forum, what you may want to do is check out the 05+ section and repost this question there. The members there should be able to help you out there better then the random resopnses you get here in the new members section.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:45 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: iamyourdaddy26

haha why did you waste your money on a POS 2V, enjoy paying the extra 5k for 60 HP when i could have a 6er running 12s for 5k

sorry aboot that welcome to the forums, please ignore him, you will be very well respected here along with a bunch of other people
Old 10-17-2006, 08:37 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

[sm=welcomesign.gif] to the forum.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:18 PM
prashanth_ce

hey thanks everybody....
that was good info...i did test drive the V-8 but it really aint much of a difference...and then ur insurance is higher for a V-8...so why bother?
Old 10-17-2006, 09:49 PM
grbrorng07
1st Gear Member

I just purchased a 07 grabber orange v-6 and love it. The guy that thinks it looks like poop!!!!!! Since these were to look like the old ones you will notice the grille of the Pony edition looks like the grille of the older cars and as far as power i have to say the V-6 has plenty and for a few bucks can be at 280HP with cheep insurance. The prices i found on the 07 models were about $1000.00 off sticker depending if it was a hot color or not. Good luck and you will love the car.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:22 PM
pony girl 05
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to the forums, and no you wont be made fun of if you decide to buy a sixer, this is a great forum and Im sure you will be glad youve become a member. Ive always felt very welcome here, and Im sure you will feel the same
Old 10-18-2006, 04:35 AM
Ninety5five0
5th Gear Member

Welcome to the forums, and please, ignore people like that. He's a noob here too, he proly just thinks he's a bada$$ cuz he has a v8.
This is a very welcoming place, i've never felt uncomfortable here, and poeple like that wont last long anyways, so stick around, meet new poeple and ask questions and learn.

Anyways, welcome, and enjoy your stay.

Quick Reply: Please Advise on a new Mustang